Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Re: Vitamins for general health

I didn't realise this but I'm also taking vitamin D3. There were given to me by the doctor to take alongside my steroids.

They're called Accrete D3 - to protect my bones from the steroid effect I think.

I'm currently trying to taper my steroids. I've managed to go from 15mg to 7mg but struggling now.

I've taken all sorts of anti inflammatory supplements - turmeric, ginger, etc but I don't feel they've done much for me - I still need the steroids.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I didn't realise this but I'm also taking vitamin D3. There were given to me by the doctor to take alongside my steroids.

They're called Accrete D3 - to protect my bones from the steroid effect I think.

I'm currently trying to taper my steroids. I've managed to go from 15mg to 7mg but struggling now.

I've taken all sorts of anti inflammatory supplements - turmeric, ginger, etc but I don't feel they've done much for me - I still need the steroids.
Carol, None of us want to take pills, but if they are helping I would think you need to continue, as pain can make everything you do feel like a massive chore.
If you feel the Vitamin B3 may help, why not ask your GP if you could discuss it with somebody who knows...often dietcians are helpful!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:11 PM

I think if your body is very low on a vitamin and having difficulty making it, taking that vitamin as a capsule would help boost your levels. Much like taking thyroxine if your thyroid wasn't making enough.

I think some people though just take multi vitamins because they're advertised or a celebrity endorsed them, without actually knowing if they are deficient in those or whether there favourite foods already contain them or they're not getting them because they're on a very strict diet. (either by choice or for medical reasons).

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top