Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 01:32 PM

Re: trouble sleeping?

Not sure where I heard this, but they said to take deep breaths through your nose then slowly blow the air out through you mouth..... totally focusing on you breathing & nothing else!

It works for me, when I know I am tired but can't make the brain go to sleep! I suspect that just focusing on your breathing makes you relax, and as it is hardly a scintillating thought, I suppose you get so bored you just fall asleep.

It can take between 3 & 10 mins!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I've never heard of a sad lamp Carol - what sort of light does it give?

More about it here.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/inso...mnia-sufferers
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Magnesium is supposed to help you relax and you shouldn't have caffeine before you go to bed.A nice warm glass of milk would help too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Magnesium is supposed to help you relax and you shouldn't have caffeine before you go to bed.A nice warm glass of milk would help too.
my friend takes magnesium, she says it helps.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 02:23 AM

Tonight I have, woke up when I went to bed at 11pm. Up again by 1.30am and still up.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:05 AM

Tracy, I too am sorry to read about your husband. This must be a difficult transition for you, and I am hope you are finding some peace.

I don't much have trouble sleeping but I do have a recipe for good sleep. I start out with a very cold room, and run a fan for the double benefits of air circulation and the white noise. When possible, the windows are open (particularly to hear the surf). I am also a believer in cool, good quality sheets and down pillows. I keep the computers, phones, and TVs out of the bedrooms too. The best advice I have for truly great sleep is rigorous daily exercise.

That said, on the rare nights I can't sleep, I do the breathing technique that Twink suggested and get up and out of bed to shift my thinking.

And on that note, I am off to bed!

Sleep tight.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:33 AM

i Had the problem of waking up very early in the mornings.

I suspect it was due to how light it gets, in my room, when dawn is happening at very early times.

Have just made a blackout screen to keep all light out until I'm up and about.

Seems to be working.

Time will tell.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 12:59 PM

I think some people go to bed too early.
I’m a great believer in reading in bed ,have done this since I began using the library as a child .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I think some people go to bed too early.
I’m a great believer in reading in bed ,have done this since I began using the library as a child .
I suppose that depends on what time you get up! I am up by 5.30 every morning, so I am in bed by 10.30 most nights.
Tasharose
New Member!
Mississauga Canada
Tasharose is female 

27-06-2019, 02:46 AM

I fall asleep Ok. What helps me to get more hours of sleep is Swimming each Morning for an hour and if I awake I read a little which puts me back to sleep.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top