Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 06:49 PM

Re: trouble sleeping?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have my daily walk first thing in the morning. I have other things to occupy me during the rest of the day. Besides which, I couldn't manage 30 minutes these days due to foot problems.
Oh I see. I know what you mean about not being able to manage 30 minutes as I have knee problems on and off and that's how I find walking some days. It was just a thought I had that might have helped.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Oh I see. I know what you mean about not being able to manage 30 minutes as I have knee problems on and off and that's how I find walking some days. It was just a thought I had that might have helped.
Thanks anyway.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:47 AM

Thanks anyway.
That's OK you are more than welcome, I hope the foot problems are resolved at some time, if that's at all possible.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 03:25 PM

That's OK you are more than welcome, I hope the foot problems are resolved at some time, if that's at all possible.
I have always had problems with my feet, my little toes turn under, something I inherited from my father. I have bunions on both feet now, which doesn't help. No doubt one day I might need to consider getting something done about them.
Baz46

30-07-2019, 03:39 PM

I have always had problems with my feet, my little toes turn under, something I inherited from my father. I have bunions on both feet now, which doesn't help. No doubt one day I might need to consider getting something done about them.
Not easy walking with those problems. I can understand that as someone in my family had painful (inherited) bunions, so bad were they that she had them operated on, one at a time fortunately, that's the only way they will operate on them. That was not easy as recovery was painful in itself but now with both feet free from pain she's really pleased she had them done.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Not easy walking with those problems. I can understand that as someone in my family had painful (inherited) bunions, so bad were they that she had them operated on, one at a time fortunately, that's the only way they will operate on them. That was not easy as recovery was painful in itself but now with both feet free from pain she's really pleased she had them done.
One of my closest friends has the most severe bunions I have ever seen, I don't know how sh walks, the pain must be awful. She needs them operating on but her work won't pay while she is off work only stat sick pay and she can't afford the time off as it's a long recovery. I feel so bad for her.
Baz46

30-07-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
One of my closest friends has the most severe bunions I have ever seen, I don't know how sh walks, the pain must be awful. She needs them operating on but her work won't pay while she is off work only stat sick pay and she can't afford the time off as it's a long recovery. I feel so bad for her.
Fortunately the company my family member works for paid her in full for her time off which, as you state, is a long time off work. Possibly SSP was claimed and deducted by the employer, no idea of how that works nowadays.

As I've seen how bad it is I can see how easily a person could easily become crippled and unable to walk, especially as age creeps on. It might be better if it's that bad to find the finances if possible to support yourself while having the procedures carried out. Rather that than finish up in so much pain that it's not possible to walk or manage at all and if it's that bad working might be impossible too.
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 01:34 PM

I take zopiclone on prescription. I have taken sleeping tablets for about forty years as I cannot switch my mind off at all. I am mildly bi polar and my GP is very understanding

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top