Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:38 PM

Re: introducing MURTAGH

Ah, so sweet, I want him!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:16 PM

Awwwww! I want one as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Ah, so sweet, I want him!
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Awwwww! I want one as well.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Murghtah is lovely Longdogs. (I would never have thought of that name). I have a cockapoo (3 years old now) and Murghtah is very much like my Ted, except Ted has a black nose and just a bit of white on his head, chin and a couple of paws. If you look in my albums there are a couple of pictures of him at 7 weeks. You are in for lots of fun and one big thing I would say is to get him used to being groomed from a very young age. Cockapoos are quite high maintenance as far as their coats are concerned and quickly get matts and tangles unless they are groomed. I use a brush called a slicker and go over Ted's feet, legs and ears as well as his body just about every day. He is at the barber every 6-8 weeks and I seem to spend more on his hair than my own. I think Barry and his wife invested in all the hair cutting equipment and learned to do their two cockapoos themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:31 PM

What a little treasure, dongle - Murtagh, not you.
I thought Barry would like him.

In the secnd photo down he looks like he is hatching a plot, and in the fourth one he looks like he is eating someone.

Aerolor is right about his coat clipping. I do mine every 6 - 8 weeks too, before it gets too big a chore.
The sooner you can start getting him used to the sound and feel of clippers, the easier he will accept them.

I hope he brings you both much entertainment and happiness for a very long time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Murghtah is lovely Longdogs. (I would never have thought of that name). I have a cockapoo (3 years old now) and Murghtah is very much like my Ted, except Ted has a black nose and just a bit of white on his head, chin and a couple of paws. If you look in my albums there are a couple of pictures of him at 7 weeks. You are in for lots of fun and one big thing I would say is to get him used to being groomed from a very young age. Cockapoos are quite high maintenance as far as their coats are concerned and quickly get matts and tangles unless they are groomed. I use a brush called a slicker and go over Ted's feet, legs and ears as well as his body just about every day. He is at the barber every 6-8 weeks and I seem to spend more on his hair than my own. I think Barry and his wife invested in all the hair cutting equipment and learned to do their two cockapoos themselves.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a little treasure, dongle - Murtagh, not you.
I thought Barry would like him.

In the secnd photo down he looks like he is hatching a plot, and in the fourth one he looks like he is eating someone.

Aerolor is right about his coat clipping. I do mine every 6 - 8 weeks too, before it gets too big a chore.
The sooner you can start getting him used to the sound and feel of clippers, the easier he will accept them.

I hope he brings you both much entertainment and happiness for a very long time.
Thanks both of you for the advice (all greatly appreciated). I have already started him on the slicker brush (the first night when I was up in the middle of the night) it seemed to calm him down; Good advice about getting him used to the clippers too.

I do remember Barry saying that they had invested in the clipper set. Not sure if I would be good enough though .... maybe when he is a lot bigger.

Aerolor, I will have a rummage through your albums. Thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks both of you for the advice (all greatly appreciated). I have already started him on the slicker brush (the first night when I was up in the middle of the night) it seemed to calm him down; Good advice about getting him used to the clippers too.

I do remember Barry saying that they had invested in the clipper set. Not sure if I would be good enough though .... maybe when he is a lot bigger.

Aerolor, I will have a rummage through your albums. Thank you.

Maybe you could take him to a trusted groomer for the first few times as she should know how to get him used to it first.

It would also give you a chance to see how she styles him before you attempted it yourself?

I had to do mine, as sending 5 every few weeks would have cost far too much!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-07-2019, 10:45 PM

Maybe you could take him to a trusted groomer for the first few times as she should know how to get him used to it first.

It would also give you a chance to see how she styles him before you attempted it yourself?

I had to do mine, as sending 5 every few weeks would have cost far too much!
Yes Mups, luckily there is one about 50 yards up our road. I'm sure she will oblige. Our vets have said he can come in anytime for a visit if they are not too busy, just to get him used to it. They also gave me a free poo bag dispenser that clips to my belt but for now I'll carry on using the toilet.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-07-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes Mups, luckily there is one about 50 yards up our road. I'm sure she will oblige. Our vets have said he can come in anytime for a visit if they are not too busy, just to get him used to it. They also gave me a free poo bag dispenser that clips to my belt but for now I'll carry on using the toilet.

Oooh - you're a mucky boy, dongle!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-07-2019, 10:50 PM

Oooh - you're a mucky boy, dongle!

I know.... I need some serious training.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top