Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:23 AM

What’s normal?

Normal is a ‘setting’ on a washing machine.

In psychology, normal is highly overrated.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	3A5CC0E0-6E49-44A5-9BCD-24B0EB96AC0E.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	10232  
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:46 AM

Re: What’s normal?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Normal is a ‘setting’ on a washing machine.

In psychology, normal is highly overrated.
I love these types of questions. Good one Bratti "Normal" is a about what is considered acceptable, legal and/or expected behaviour according to the rules and mores of the social/ cultural/ religious group an individual is in. It doesn't mean those rules are all right/ moral/ or acceptable to you and me. Like it's normal and acceptable - maybe even compulsory..:P..to wear next to nothing on an Australian or Brazilian beach. But try doing it on a Saudi Beach. But murder/ robbery/ rape etc are illegal everywhere. But in some cultures they are still committed with impunity by people (Mostly powerful men) They are not behaving legally but they are behaving "normally". In short what is normal these days is almost impossible to define
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:55 AM

Excellent answer.
I like the way you think.
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 03:18 AM

The norm is what is deemed to be OK behaviour in your peer group at any given time or activity.
Cultural norms vary, as do societal ones, driven by many factors and influences and can create rifts and divides, but just as equally unite.

It is not normal for me to sound so serious...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Excellent answer.
I like the way you think.
Thanks Bratti. YOu too ! If I am asked, I am happy to offer an opinion on this kind of thing any time. I made the mistake of offering an unsolicited opinion on a not entirely unrelated issue recently here. It did not go well. And probably my fault that it didn't. I wasn't looking for a fight but I got one. So in hindsight, I think I should have kept my opinion to myself. So I have been reluctant to go there since.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 07:31 AM

I suppose normal is whatever you as an individual are comfortable with....but then again your normal could make other people uncomfortable...it's one of those questions you go around in circles with.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 07:39 AM

It is not normal to sit an a Washing Machine, especially on the "Spin" cycle.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 07:40 AM

Not that...………………….
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

13-07-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thanks Bratti. YOu too ! If I am asked, I am happy to offer an opinion on this kind of thing any time. I made the mistake of offering an unsolicited opinion on a not entirely unrelated issue recently here. It did not go well. And probably my fault that it didn't. I wasn't looking for a fight but I got one. So in hindsight, I think I should have kept my opinion to myself. So I have been reluctant to go there since.
Well you should always be able to state your opinion as long as you aren’t intentionally hurting anyone. It’s your born right.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

13-07-2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is not normal to sit an a Washing Machine, especially on the "Spin" cycle.
Keep it clean spitty

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top