Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Teazle

This morning Sue has had to take Teazle to the vet to be spayed as she has an open Pyometra. Sue took her to the vet on Wednesday to discuss her teeth and also her concern that she wasn't very happy but the vet said she thought it was just hormonal even though Sue insisted she was brewing something. So it looks as though Sue was proved right

Please send positive vibes for her.

Thanks
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 05:46 PM

Re: Teazle

Just heard from the vet and yes it was Pyometra and full of puss. They are keeping her in at least until tomorrow to keep an eye on her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 05:57 PM

Poor Teazle.

I can't understand why your vet didn't recognise the problem!
With an 'Open' type, the discharge alone should have sparked warnings.

How old is she, Bazza?
I hope she recovers well and feels much better soon.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 06:03 PM

That sounds awful RS, sending best wishes to Teazle for a good outcome and speedy recovery.. 🐕
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Mups
Teazle will be 10 in September. have to give it to Sue, she recognised the signs straight away. For the last 2/3 days Teazle hasn't been herself. Normally she is pulling at the lead, but recently she has walked beside or behind us which isn't normal for her. Around the house she has been lethargic
Sue took her to the vets 2 days ago and the vet gave her metacam . Can't really blame the vet She didn't know Teazle like we do. The discharge happened this morning hence rushing to the vets today.

As for the vet bill I couldn't care if it was even £10,000 as long as Teazle is ok.

We do have here insured so most of the cost should be met as it was for medical reasons and not because of our choosing

TY Barry, when the vet rang Teazle was slowly coming around from the operation
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Poor Teazle I hope she will ok soon.
Pyometra is a horrible thing, I always have my bitches spayed to avoid it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Meg

It seems strange not having her here begging for a biscuit. She had her set times and woe betide us if we didn't get her one, her stomach clock worked to the minute.
Still give it a time when she is back home and things should return to normal, Teazle bossing us about
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 08:42 PM

Well done Sue for recognising the symptoms. Healing thoughts on the way to Teazle
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Sue rang the vets this morning . They said Teazle had eaten and had a wee and was happy in her cage, (Teazle is use to being in one in the car). All being well she can come home this afternoon. so it is good news so far
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Poor Teazle. I had to Google her condition... sounds painful but I'm glad she is on the mend.

Chin up Teazle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top