Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Re: Nailed It

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
On the point about my having a single issue outlook, might l
suggest that you take time out of the brexit forum and
check out the other ferums? You may find something to
your advantage?
Regards Donkeyman!
As you know, we had discussions on other parts of the ^50forum. I didn't say you had a single issue outlook. What I said, or at least meant, is that your interest in brexit made you view the machinations of parliament. And these machinations are not different from those on other subjects. It is just what the HoC does do.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This goes far beyond Brexit, it is far more fundamental than that.

I simply do not accept the rubbish that the Referendum was only advisory.

Both the main Political Parties publicly stated that they would implement the outcome.

My stance is well known, I think leaving without a deal is stupid.

What is far more important however is that we do leave.

I am ordinary, but my vote counts as much as that of those with influence and power.

That is what Democracy means.

I will never accept the argument that only 37% voted to Leave, if you did not vote, your problem.

I personally think that Boris is a self serving useless vain git.

However that is not the fundamental point.

The ordinary people, me and you, voted Leave.

We have to Leave, not to do so is overturning Democracy, and that I will not have.

The Political Elite can get stuffed.
I agree with you that you should have left by now. However, isn't it the duty of a responsible mp to hit the brake if he/she gains new knowledge about the effects of a previous decision of parliament? That is the whole point of making new policies. Otherwise you could still use the law on women not having a right to vote? Once decided and implemented the law that women don't vote, why ever change that choice of parliament in 1928?
If you can change that, you can change the withdrawal act 2017.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This goes far beyond Brexit, it is far more fundamental than that.

I simply do not accept the rubbish that the Referendum was only advisory.

Both the main Political Parties publicly stated that they would implement the outcome.

My stance is well known, I think leaving without a deal is stupid.

What is far more important however is that we do leave.

I am ordinary, but my vote counts as much as that of those with influence and power.

That is what Democracy means.

I will never accept the argument that only 37% voted to Leave, if you did not vote, your problem.

I personally think that Boris is a self serving useless vain git.

However that is not the fundamental point.

The ordinary people, me and you, voted Leave.

We have to Leave, not to do so is overturning Democracy, and that I will not have.

The Political Elite can get stuffed.
The legal status of the referendum is defined in the bill in which it became law which clearly stated it was only advisory

Ignorance is no excuse in law and anyone who believes words of a politician albeit he may be Prime Minister or leaflets distributed by that’s persons government superseded what is written into law can only be described as at best naive but more probably foolish

Parliament heeded the advice delivered by the referendum and invoked article 50

What has transpired is that both leave and remain parliamentarians cannot agree to any deal the E.U. is prepared to offer but the prospect of crashing out has precipitated an unlikely alliance with a majority consensus in that we cannot accept no deal.

What is clear is that Boris and his cronies have not any intent to secure a deal and are desperate to leave on the 31st October. So much so that they will do whatever it takes. We also know they lied about the Yellowhamer report

Why are they so desperate and afraid to tell the truth?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
What is clear is that Boris and his cronies have not any intent to secure a deal and are desperate to leave on the 31st October.
Sorry but this is offensive and a total lie.

Boris clearly DOES want to secure a deal and like millions of BrExiteers, realises that THE ONLY WAY to secure a good deal is to first walk away and then invite the EU back to the negotiating table.

All this propaganda spiel suggesting he doesn't want any deal is simply a disgusting attempt to brainwash the masses.

I will iterate yet again. There is NO SUCH THING AS NO DEAL.

There is always going to be a deal of some sort.

Whether we strike a deal before we leave or strike a deal after we leave, there is ALWAYS going to be a deal. Anyone suggesting otherwise is a total liar.

The only consideration therefore is which is the best route for the UK to get the best deal it can.

The clear resounding answer is that we MUST first walk out of the EU and then and only then conduct negotiations.

Remainers clearly know this which is why they have taken steps to prevent us walking out. It is a despicable act of sabotage designed purely to ensure we never leave the EU.

Please stop trying to take us for fools. We are not.

We can see the whole despicable pantomime being played out by EU operatives in our parliament. It will all be undone in due course.

Leaving and then doing a deal, is the way forward.

It is the only way that BrExit will happen.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The legal status of the referendum is defined in the bill in which it became law which clearly stated it was only advisory

Ignorance is no excuse in law and anyone who believes words of a politician albeit he may be Prime Minister or leaflets distributed by that’s persons government superseded what is written into law can only be described as at best naive but more probably foolish

Parliament heeded the advice delivered by the referendum and invoked article 50

What has transpired is that both leave and remain parliamentarians cannot agree to any deal the E.U. is prepared to offer but the prospect of crashing out has precipitated an unlikely alliance with a majority consensus in that we cannot accept no deal.

What is clear is that Boris and his cronies have not any intent to secure a deal and are desperate to leave on the 31st October. So much so that they will do whatever it takes. We also know they lied about the Yellowhamer report

Why are they so desperate and afraid to tell the truth?

Now you believe yellow hammer ?

Hmm
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-09-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Whether we strike a deal before we leave or strike a deal after we leave, there is ALWAYS going to be a deal. Anyone suggesting otherwise is a total liar.
You are right. If the UK leaves without a withdrawal deal, there will come a moment they want to trade with the EU. The moment they sit down at the negotiating table, the withdrawal deal will be put on the table again. After that deal is honoured, negotiations on trade can start.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:43 PM

Comedy gold Solasch, comedy gold
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Now you believe yellow hammer ?

Hmm
Again you have comprehension issues

I said “they lied about Yellowhammer”

Nothing about what I do or don’t believe about it

But, Boris and his mates certainly did believe it, that’s why they got into a panic and tried to bury it and then when it was leaked lied about when it was published and the scenario it depicted

If Boris has nothing to hide he will provide all the documents Parliament that has told him to make available for scrutiny.

Then all will be clear and people can make informed decisions
Banchory
Kent

11-09-2019, 06:05 AM

Sorry but this is offensive and a total lie.

Boris clearly DOES want to secure a deal and like millions of BrExiteers, realises that THE ONLY WAY to secure a good deal is to first walk away and then invite the EU back to the negotiating table.

All this propaganda spiel suggesting he doesn't want any deal is simply a disgusting attempt to brainwash the masses.

The only consideration therefore is which is the best route for the UK to get the best deal it can.

The clear resounding answer is that we MUST first walk out of the EU and then and only then conduct negotiations.

Remainers clearly know this which is why they have taken steps to prevent us walking out. It is a despicable act of sabotage designed purely to ensure we never leave the EU.

Please stop trying to take us for fools. We are not.

We can see the whole despicable pantomime being played out by EU operatives in our parliament. It will all be undone in due course.

Leaving and then doing a deal, is the way forward.

It is the only way that BrExit will happen.
Oh dear, the issue discussed and voted upon in Parliament was whether to leave with a deal or leave with no deal. That was the matter at hand. Parliament wants certainty about our future trading agreements whereas you would leave without any certainty at all

You might think your course of action is clever, others might disagree
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:04 AM

Haha yes but in supporting the actions of the corrupt parliament to block No Deal you establish your real intent which is to Remain.

You are an intelligent man.

You therefore see and understand there there is no deal being offered by the EU which sees us leave the EU.

You know this

And you know that they will never offer us any deal that actually equates to us leaving the EU.

Therefore you clearly understand that No Deal is THE ONLY WAY for us to get any deal that equates to us properly leaving.

You oppose No Deal

Therefore you really wish to Remain.

So yes, your stance IS well known I believe.

We have but 2 available options

1) LEAVE (via No Deal)

2) REMAIN (via any other deal)
Hi

Thanks for recognising that I am not an Idiot.

As for being a Remainer, you are totally wrong.

A simple WTO Trade Deal would protect hundreds of thousands of jobs, no tariffs, no quotas, no need for any Foreign Owned company to move.

The little people would not suffer.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top