Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:02 AM

Fake News With Brexit Related Polls

Don't know whether anyone else feels the same, but it really makes me angry when the media show official polls showing Remain leading over Leave over something where the ordinary person knows to be totally the opposite.

My first reaction is always "Where the hell did they carry out that poll? Islington High Street?"

Why is it not mandatory when publishing such results, the area where the Polling took place, not divulged?
It is grossly misleading not to do so as the results can be manipulated to the establishment's advantage.

And no, it would not ever be to Leave's advantage also, This is the establishment media remember.

What are your thoughts on polls. Do you think they should be made to disclose where it took place so we know it was a fair result and not open to justifiable accusations of manipulated polling figures?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:08 AM

Re: Fake News With Brexit Related Polls

Yes there should be some rules in place ....especially if they claim it's a national poll. I must admit with the barrage of negative reporting on Brexit I fear people are changing their minds even if it's anything for a quiet life....it is such a mess and misleading polls don't help.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:31 AM

I know we must treat Polls with caution, but the last one I saw showed that 60% wanted Brexit to happen
And that was before the Supreme Court judgement and the recent speeches by BoJo & Geoffrey Cox
I suspect support for Brexit has increased since then
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I know we must treat Polls with caution, but the last one I saw showed that 60% wanted Brexit to happen
And that was before the Supreme Court judgement and the recent speeches by BoJo & Geoffrey Cox
I suspect support for Brexit has increased since then
Hope so Zulu
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Don't know whether anyone else feels the same, but it really makes me angry when the media show official polls showing Remain leading over Leave over something where the ordinary person knows to be totally the opposite.

My first reaction is always "Where the hell did they carry out that poll? Islington High Street?"

Why is it not mandatory when publishing such results, the area where the Polling took place, not divulged?
It is grossly misleading not to do so as the results can be manipulated to the establishment's advantage.

And no, it would not ever be to Leave's advantage also, This is the establishment media remember.

What are your thoughts on polls. Do you think they should be made to disclose where it took place so we know it was a fair result and not open to justifiable accusations of manipulated polling figures?

When I see a poll, there are always 2 parts of it that they usually hide.

1. What was the question
2. Who did they ask.

99% of polls are all bollocks SG. I don't get worked up about them - they are performed to provide fake evidence of their big fat lie on public opinion.

Remain are using typical minority tactics and pretending that Parliament accurately reflects the country ( sigh ... ). They think remainers are so clever, they can pull the wool over the eyes of 17.4 million people. As long as they carry on like this, a General Election will give them the polling figures they fear the worst.

Last nights performance in the commons, especially by the lying liberals had me giving a standing ovation at one point.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:42 AM

I never take any notice tbh. They can be manipulated as much as anything else.

I'm not sure how they do these political polls now either, online I suspect, so there's no guarantee people are telling their true allegiances. They could be set up to give a false representation, in fact nothing would surprise me any longer.

They once did them on the streets , which to my mind was just a job for working mums. Standing outside M & S tying to keep warm and dry, and nab an unsuspecting member of the public as they hurried along to the butty shop in their break.

Believe me, I did it. Mothers who shot off at 3pm to pick up the kids from school.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

26-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You're angry because it goes against your narrative, and your narrative is a minority in 2019. The gross majority of the UK did not vote to leave the EU, and the kids that were 16 at the time of the referendum are now of voting age and keen to remain in the EU where the best deal resides.

It's the same type of thing that happens when you argue with a member of a cult and they are always angry. The immediate response is to assume there is deceit, underhandedness and lies in full flow. The member of the cult will never look at themselves and say 'Hmmm maybe.....shit.....maybe I'm wrong'. They won't do it because they have invested so much time, emotion and energy into something that the very core of their existence would crumble if they even began to think they might be wrong.

So of course you then get the conspiracy theories from this etc, and this is the very thing that 'Fake News' is born out of. It's cult members are so indoctrinated by their version of the truth they completely fail to notice how the real world around them is flowing.

I am not in the least bit surprised that remain have a lead, but that's because I'm not in a cult and so I can look around objectively and notice people's opinions and reactions. You along with your fellow No-Deal Leavers are in for a shock when the penny finally drops.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Well I'm one who voted Remain, not because I love the EU or anything, I just knew the referendum was a mistake.

Now the damage has been done, if there was another ref. I'd vote Leave.

And I know others thinking the same.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

26-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Well I'm one who voted Remain, not because I love the EU or anything, I just knew the referendum was a mistake.

Now the damage has been done, if there was another ref. I'd vote Leave.

And I know others thinking the same.
The same can be said visa versa. There are countless leave voters who have since completely changed their minds so I imagine it somewhat balances the scales.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
The same can be said visa versa. There are countless leave voters who have since completely changed their minds so I imagine it somewhat balances the scales.
But is this fake news or reality.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top