Join for free
Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

IMO, Solly is an underground agent . I'm serious. ! He probably doesn't even live in the Netherlands or anywhere else on that foreign continent.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
IMO, Solly is an underground agent . I'm serious. ! He probably doesn't even live in the Netherlands or anywhere else on that foreign continent.
We'll never find out because of the whole internet system of allowing incognito and anonymous usernames.
When FB and the whole social media network is told to change the rules - and I believe it will happen - that people must submit their real names and addresses to administrators of such websites and forums for security reasons, then there will be no hiding place anymore. I'm not saying "go public" - that would be foolhardy and potentially dangerous - but our details being given to responsible administrators who are registered with the law would be a massive step forward in reducing crime committed on the internet.

None of this is directed at Solasch by the way

As you were, back to topic....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:23 PM

The EU won't allow us to leave because they are making too much money out of us. We are throwing cash at them left, right and centre and they are loving it, raking it in and laughing their socks off at us.
No wonder the likes of Ann Widdecombe and all the other washed-up cabinet ex-politicians are happily flying around 'attending' the meetings. It's such easy money. What a way to make a living eh?

Now maybe someday the EU may change the rules and allow us to get out, but I don't think so. There are too many capitalists driven by green to give us the red light anytime soon.

It just shows that our Victorian values have shot us in the foot at long last!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Of course I am. My latest assignment was to break the code dominique cummings is using in his secret communications with the rest of his government.
My bright idea was to use google translate. It worked! It turned out cummings is communicating in russian.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The EU won't allow us to leave because they are making too much money out of us. We are throwing cash at them left, right and centre and they are loving it, raking it in and laughing their socks off at us.
No wonder the likes of Ann Widdecombe and all the other washed-up cabinet ex-politicians are happily flying around 'attending' the meetings. It's such easy money. What a way to make a living eh?

Now maybe someday the EU may change the rules and allow us to get out, but I don't think so. There are too many capitalists driven by green to give us the red light anytime soon.

It just shows that our Victorian values have shot us in the foot at long last!
Of course we are making money from trading with the UK. But the UK, and its citizens (!), benefit from that too.

As you could have gathered from the media, the EU was fully expecting a no deal brexit. It is solely by the machinations of your own parliament that we all have to wait till januari 2020.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Of course we are making money from trading with the UK. But the UK, and its citizens (!), benefit from that too.

As you could have gathered from the media, the EU was fully expecting a no deal brexit. It is solely by the machinations of your own parliament that we all have to wait till januari 2020.
Why are you so interested in UK politics anyway, Solasch?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-09-2019, 12:58 PM

To really understand that you have to take a good look at dutch politics, and the proceedings in our HoC.

Perhaps it has something to do with my childhood. I always was a great reader, and the only good books were translations from english authors. I loved the famous 5, secret 7, jennings, lonely pine tree club. The world as described in those books was england, not the netherlands. In those days a boy of my age and background didn't go many miles beyond his village.
When I learned to read englsh a complete new world of books opened itself for me. Up to this day I almost exclusively read in english.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
To really understand that you have to take a good look at dutch politics, and the proceedings in our HoC.

Perhaps it has something to do with my childhood. I always was a great reader, and the only good books were translations from english authors. I loved the famous 5, secret 7, jennings, lonely pine tree club. The world as described in those books was england, not the netherlands. In those days a boy of my age and background didn't go many miles beyond his village.
When I learned to read englsh a complete new world of books opened itself for me. Up to this day I almost exclusively read in english.
Understood, thanks
Do you have any other interests? You seem to be firmly affixed to the political threads in here, venturing nowhere else.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:03 PM

He collates info and sends it to brussels to use to form
and modify as needed a strategy to prevent uk from
leaving bwithout ba so called deal, Floydy!!
A classic example of a spy!

Regatds Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-09-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
He collates info and sends it to brussels to use to form
and modify as needed a strategy to prevent uk from
leaving bwithout ba so called deal, Floydy!!
A classic example of a spy!

Regatds Donkeyman!
After december 2018 the EU has done exactly nothing but wait for the UK to act. Up till now you only visited to ask for another extension, to be able to stay a bit longer. And it seems boris is writing a lettre to the same extend. Do you wonder why the EU is beginning to doubt your seriousness to leave?

Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top