Join for free
Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:11 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
He collates info and sends it to brussels to use to form
and modify as needed a strategy to prevent uk from
leaving bwithout ba so called deal, Floydy!!
A classic example of a spy!

Regatds Donkeyman!
I don't know him as much as you do obviously, Donkeyman

Why can't you
get your text
sorted out
on here. It's still all over the place. Why don't your sentences turn
out in straight lines
like everybody else's
does?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I don't know him as much as you do obviously, Donkeyman

Why can't you
get your text
sorted out
on here. It's still all over the place. Why don't your sentences turn
out in straight lines
like everybody else's
does?
Even spies use mules
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 02:40 PM

The EU Commission have chosen the new member candidates.

Stating today on the news, Ireland have sent a commissioner, but UK have not.

Now I mentioned this a while back, but was shot down in flames by Solly. However, as I understand it, if UK do not send an EU Commissioner, then they have gone against the EU Treaty (one of them) and can be thrown out of the EU.

How about that ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Of course I am. My latest assignment was to break the code dominique cummings is using in his secret communications with the rest of his government.
My bright idea was to use google translate. It worked! It turned out cummings is communicating in russian.
No, wrong side of the room . It was the Labour party last night in the Commons singing 'keep the red flag flying' !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
if UK do not send an EU Commissioner, then they have gone against the EU Treaty (one of them) and can be thrown out of the EU.

How about that ?
You're talking nonsense. The EU is desperate to keep us in the EU so they are not about to expel us are they ?!!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

10-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You're talking nonsense. The EU is desperate to keep us in the EU so they are not about to expel us are they ?!!!
Is that right ?

“If he refuses to nominate a Commissioner, the UK would be in breach of the treaty – that being so, EU Commission not at fault and can operate legally.”

In a dramatic escalation of its battle with Brussels, No 10 believes it can put the EU in breach of its own legal duty for all 28 member states to be represented on its executive branch.

The UK would be “disrupting” Brussels life to such a degree that member states will then make it clear they will refuse to grant an Article 50 extension – even if asked for – it hopes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Another sign of the EUs 'cooperation'

The European Commission named Phil Hogan, an Irish politician with a hatred of Brexit, to lead the department that will negotiate a free trade agreement with Britain as it announced the distribution of jobs in the next EU executive in Brussels.

British negotiators face the daunting prospect of facing “Big Phil”, who will team up with Sabine Weyand, the former deputy chief Brexit negotiator on November 1.

Ms Weyand is the top trade official in the commission and the formidable German is well-known for her scathing analysis on the consequences and challenges of Britain quitting the EU.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...e-eu-uk-trade/

and Barnier's contract as EU’s chief has been extended .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Another sign of the EUs 'cooperation'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...e-eu-uk-trade/

and Barnier's contract as EU’s chief has been extended .

I read that today, Meg.

The EU aren't doing themselves any favours.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 03:49 PM

Are parliamentarians suffering a collective psychotic episode, not fit to govern. To protect our sanity, we need to stop the craziness before we all crack up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The EU Commission have chosen the new member candidates.

Stating today on the news, Ireland have sent a commissioner, but UK have not.

Now I mentioned this a while back, but was shot down in flames by Solly. However, as I understand it, if UK do not send an EU Commissioner, then they have gone against the EU Treaty (one of them) and can be thrown out of the EU.

How about that ?
You don't need to believe me. How about this?
But Jean-Claude Piris, formerly the director-general of the EU Council’s legal service, said the idea – refusing to appoint a new commissioner – would fail to shut down the EU, as No 10 hoped.

“The Commission can continue to work and decide legally,” Mr Piris wrote on Twitter, citing a precedent dating back to 1999.
Instead, he said: “The UK will be brought to the EUCJ [the European Court of Justice] for violation of its obligation.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9096546.html

Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top