Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
PamM
UK
PamM is female 

15-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Re: Have You Ever Deliberately Avoided Someone?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pam, How do you do it? Do you hide, speed up your step or pretend you haven’t seen her?

I think some people don’t know how annoying they are and seem to love the sound of their own voice!
Mostly I will give a quick wave and hurry on. She did say once that I always look busy!

The thing is that she is a nice lady and means no harm but she rattles on and the more she chats, the more animated she gets and in the end she is talking so fast you can only just nod, smile and think of a way to escape!
PamM
UK
PamM is female 

15-10-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The trick is to make folks avoid you, then there is no decision to make.
Excellent tactics
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:36 AM

I've recently had a dispute with neighbours over boundry lines. My garage is opposite their houses and I have to see them every time I go to get the car out.

Now I use the front door to avoid them and Tony brings the car up for me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:41 AM

When I have the dogs with me I avoid most people it's a quick lets go this way girls and we disappear around a corner. People always want to stroke the feisty one and ignore the gentle one.

We've even gone to the trouble of putting up a privacy screen at the caravan to avoid a neighbour who just won't leave us alone. Can't sit and read or chat without him muscling in and chatting Rubbish for ages. He's always bitchy about others, not nice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:47 AM

I always tried to avoid one of my neighbours because he was the most boring person in the history of the universe. He spoke at about a word per minute. Sometimes I would be driving home and see him walking past my house, so I would drive on to the end of the road, park up and wait, then drive back.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:58 AM

There's one particular person I try to avoid when dog walking, Boring Bloke with The Big Dog. He could bore for England. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid him so in those cases I whip me phone out and pretend I'm getting a call

There's also a woman over the back who always seems to appear whenever I'm weeding the drive or washing the car. She's another one who can talk the hind legs off a donkey. When she's been prattling on for a few minutes I usually say "Oh, I can hear my dog barking, there must be someone at the door, must go, see you!"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
There's one particular person I try to avoid when dog walking, Boring Bloke with The Big Dog. He could bore for England. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid him so in those cases I whip me phone out and pretend I'm getting a call

There's also a woman over the back who always seems to appear whenever I'm weeding the drive or washing the car. She's another one who can talk the hind legs off a donkey. When she's been prattling on for a few minutes I usually say "Oh, I can hear my dog barking, there must be someone at the door, must go, see you!"
Love it.

Going back to my boring neighbour, sometimes he would kidnap my wife at the front door so I would call the hall phone from my mobile to rescue her.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I always tried to avoid one of my neighbours because he was the most boring person in the history of the universe. He spoke at about a word per minute. Sometimes I would be driving home and see him walking past my house, so I would drive on to the end of the road, park up and wait, then drive back.
You are using advanced techniques there
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Do I deliberately avoid people Arty? Hell Yes! Loads of people.....
Mainly my neighbours, I love them to bits and would do anything for them, they are more like family than neighbours, but I'm usually so engrossed in what I am doing I don't like to stop or get held up. Once I stop and walk to the wall to talk it could take up an hour to escape. I try to be patient and polite, but sometimes I just nip out to the bins in a minimum of clothing and He will be out at the same time, and can't wait to tell me about the antics of the bloke down the street, or how unreasonable his next door neighbour is. I end up being freezing cold.....And miss half of Coronation Street!...

I don't like negativity either, it seems to rub off on you. I love the way Silver Tabby explains it with 'Radiators and Drains' ....Brilliant description.
Once I allow myself to stop and talk I probably become the person most of you would avoid....
I never remember gossip, or I get it wrong, which annoys Mrs Fox so much, and the stuff going round in my head is probably about running, electronics or things that have happened in the past that everyone has heard a thousand times before....By the way.....Did I tell you about the time I...........Bla bla bla.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Love it.

Going back to my boring neighbour, sometimes he would kidnap my wife at the front door so I would call the hall phone from my mobile to rescue her.
Ha ha Yes Longdogs, we've both used those tactics a time or two....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top