Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:33 PM

Insatiable Greed

It said in my paper today, that tomorrow night (Sunday), an asteroid will come 30 times closer to Earth than the nearest planet. This asteroid is thought to have a Platinum core worth about £3 trillion. That is 90 million tonnes of precious metal.
It will be closest to our planet at 10pm tomorrow.
Pictures of it will be broadcast from an observatory in the Canary Islands.

Inevitably, scientists are asking can it be mined? They think it possible not too far in the future.
A prospecting company launched their first demo vehicle from the International Space Station on Thursday, to test technologies for mining asteroids.

WHY? Is it ours to steal from? Does man's insatiable greed know no bounds, nor have any respect?

Man will finish our beautiful planet, I have no doubt of that.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:44 PM

Re: Insatiable Greed

I think man will take a chance and take some platinum, just as they did from the moon in 1969 moon rock ok that's not worth anything, but it was for some people, and today it's being sold on the black market...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:44 PM

Yep! There's enough of everything we need here already! All we have to do is share.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 06:34 AM

I just watched Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts and in it the Penguin attempts to flatten Gotham City by using a tractor beam on a passing meteor that is full of gold! I could see his point (s): flatten his enemies and make himself mega rich in the process.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 07:48 AM

In France castle Tiffauge is in ruins its one time owner Gile de Raith sacrificed children to magically make gold , in an attempt to satisfy his greed. In the 300 or so years that have passed not much has changed has it....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 08:36 AM

I read this article too. My imagination went wild and imagined
some kind of giant net trying to catch this asteroid and any other
on their way.
I suppose you could say it was greed but on the other side of it
don't you think its MANS way of proceeding in life like no other
animal on this planet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 01:59 PM

I don't know Sandy. We steal from the sea, the air, the land and each other. But we always want more.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know Sandy. We steal from the sea, the air, the land and each other. But we always want more.

I'm not sure didn't someone once say "............I give you dominion over all these lands and seas............."

but noticeable it didn't include the skies and other planets..........did it?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yep! There's enough of everything we need here already! All we have to do is share.
Its a shame there are lots who dont realise this or even care TessA...Shame on them!!!!
If the elite shared their wealth everyone would have a life worth living.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 08:58 PM

Once huge financial gain is involved nothing surprises me Mups, as for sharing the wealth I’ll let John Wayne have the last word there “That’ll be the day”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top