Join for free
Page 151 of 370 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good morning from the sunny great plains of the U.S....

Lion Queen I was so impressed to read about your fitness achievements. If you are swimming, walking, and have made changes to your diet to facilitate some weight loss, you have a very fit lifestyle and have my respect! What matters most is that you are more fit than you were sometime back, reversing the trend that many of us fall intuit as times passes. Even better, you have the company of a good friend and pup! Sounds good to me! If you ever decide to surf, take lessons. If possible you might want to start with a stand up paddle board in smooth conditions. It's a great opener to surfing. You would love it!

Floydy, regrettable about that sunburn! If it really gets uncomfortable, the best thing way to endure it is to take aspirin. It cuts the sting of the inflammation. At least you have a nice new fence and tan lines to show for it....

Summer comes early to this part of the world with direct sun and winds whipping up from Mexico. The forecast here is 31 C, which will be the first grueling, steamy run of the summer. It is much drier here, so perhaps I'll manage it without melting like the Wicked Witch of the West.... Reports on that later.

Sadly, I am 1,000 miles from the ocean in any direction, so there will be no surfing or surf report for a few days...

Time for chai and some gardening with my parents. Have a lovely day, everyone!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Sorry for not contributing for a while but I'm in a bad place at the moment, a lot has happened over the last five days....Be back soon......OGF
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry for not contributing for a while but I'm in a bad place at the moment, a lot has happened over the last five days....Be back soon......OGF
Sorry to hear this Bob.
Take care and return here when you are ready mate
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:01 PM

Sorry to hear that Bob, I hope things will be better for you soon.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Oh, OGF, it sounds like you need one of these . One of the bad things about a forum is that one can only give moral support. Take care of whatever you need to do and don't worry if you need to be gone for a while. We all understand.

Here in Kansas, I have managed to help my parents with their gardens and have managed a six miler in the hot but arid conditions. Humidity is such a ubiquitous condition at home, that this dry air and speedy evaporation made distance a snap.

Uh oh...one of the dogs got loose. Back later!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

09-05-2018, 05:47 AM

The four-legged runner came back after a good block, but failed to outdo the two-legged one!

Unusual sites and traveling back in time are central to running in this old farm town. While it was built mostly to serve the world's most productive wheat fields, driving cattle from Texas to the railroads north determined the layout. Downtown runs north and south divided on each side by wide streets that used to fill with the multiple cattle drives that took place for more than fifty years.

The wide streets, many still made of brick, make for a hard and bumpy running surface today, but the plus side is that the wide streets afford runners and cyclists designated lanes to navigate through the six or so main streets.

Running past the courthouse, my grandparents' house in which my dad grew up, and the school where my grandmother taught, made for a purely enjoyable trip down memory lane. The streets are harder here because of the wider range in temperatures through the year. I know because my knees are aching tonight.

It's either that or time for new shoes, leaving me to wonder: How much is too much for good running shoes? I would offer - whatever it takes! I would argue that they are the single most important factor in preventing injury and therefore nearly priceless.

Just please don't let New Balance know...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 02:14 PM

A lovely recollection of your old town there, Suzie. It conjures up images so vivid and I reckon it's always nice to see some of your old haunts you knew when you were growing up running as you have been through those old streets. Chasing dogs and whatnot!

I haven't been doing any training as I'm recovering after my sunburn which was horrendous yesterday with the unbearable itching. I found that a cool-skin wicking shirt does the job and keeps my back free from the worst of the itching and I'm much better today. The thought of sweating it out at the gym would only cause too much heat and I just don't feel like working out just yet. Maybe tomorrow, but Friday looks more likely.

Regards to you, Bob. You know where we are mate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Foxy, I am so sorry to hear you have troubles, I really hope you are alright?
We all luv you and are here for you when you feel able. x x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

10-05-2018, 05:08 AM

Floydy, your idea for the wicking shirt was one I hadn't heard before, and it's good to know. Your sunburn sounds terrible, and I'm really sorry you are having to endure it.

Time heals a lot of things, and we hope that applies all around .

Preoccupied this morning, I decided to run with music, a soundtrack of my life, so to speak, and I am glad I did because those songs will now trigger today's memory of long run taken out in the country, past the green wheat fields, the purple blooms of the alfalfa and the young corn starting to reach for the sky. My pace fell to the rhythms of my favorite songs in this place where the skies are bigger and bluer than anywhere I know. I was slow but me feet were light.

Tonight my right IT band is throbbing from running over the ridges of where an ancient sea once roared, while my mind is wandering across another where I hope everyone is peaceful and well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-05-2018, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, your idea for the wicking shirt was one I hadn't heard before, and it's good to know. Your sunburn sounds terrible, and I'm really sorry you are having to endure it.

Time heals a lot of things, and we hope that applies all around .

Preoccupied this morning, I decided to run with music, a soundtrack of my life, so to speak, and I am glad I did because those songs will now trigger today's memory of long run taken out in the country, past the green wheat fields, the purple blooms of the alfalfa and the young corn starting to reach for the sky. My pace fell to the rhythms of my favorite songs in this place where the skies are bigger and bluer than anywhere I know. I was slow but me feet were light.

Tonight my right IT band is throbbing from running over the ridges of where an ancient sea once roared, while my mind is wandering across another where I hope everyone is peaceful and well.
Great idea running with headphones on, I always used to and it takes the boredom out of it. Although it sounds like a lovely part of the world you're running through.
You can always listen to "Floydy's All-Time Favourite 1000 Albums" if you're reckoning on a lengthy run! lol.

Yes, feeling much better thanks, Suzie. Apart from a little itching and some oncoming peeling, I'll be back at the gym very soon. Maybe today, pending somewhere else I may need to be instead.
Three weeks to go now until my hols so I need to be in tip top condition (as much as a 53-y.o. can be that is!).

Page 151 of 370 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top