Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Seabin

These guys deserve a medal!

http://www.littlethings.com/?s=seabin
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 06:13 PM

Re: Seabin

What great guys - I hope they are recognised for what they have done
I feel very strongly on the subject
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 06:37 PM

It concerns me that fish might get drawn into it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It concerns me that fish might get drawn into it.
That is such a good point - I wonder if there's an answer to that ......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 08:31 PM

As the plastic gets salvaged to re-use, I expect they have thought of that. Lots of fish and other creatures get trapped in the plastic and even eat it unintentionally so probably someone had weighed up the pros and cons. Plastic floats on the surface too, not many fish do and they would swim away if they felt something pulling them, it wouldn't have to be a very strong pump to get plastic to float into it.
There's all the dolphins etc that get caught up in trawler nets and just thrown back in the sea, surely clearing the plastic mountain is worth doing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
As the plastic gets salvaged to re-use, I expect they have thought of that. Lots of fish and other creatures get trapped in the plastic and even eat it unintentionally so probably someone had weighed up the pros and cons. Plastic floats on the surface too, not many fish do and they would swim away if they felt something pulling them, it wouldn't have to be a very strong pump to get plastic to float into it.
There's all the dolphins etc that get caught up in trawler nets and just thrown back in the sea, surely clearing the plastic mountain is worth doing.

Of course it is
Even if a couple of fish do get caught, better than the alternative
Well done to those guys

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top