Join for free
Page 4 of 40 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 08:42 AM

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It would depend on how many of them actually had any savings.

Given the demographics of the 17.4 I suspect it would be more of a walk with a Zimmer frame than a run for those that can actually be bothered to get up off the sofa

That's the whole point if doing a run on the banks - to take out money the bank does not have so they go .... "bankrupt".

If you think that it was only old people voting for leave I'll give you two points.

1. If you read Itsme's post then he says only remainers knew what they were voting for because they were the ones who have experience life in the EU for 40 years or so.

These people voted leave - who's right, you or your mate Itsme ?

2. Young people also voted leave - not as many as remain, but they still voted leave, as did a third of Scotland (and a lot of young Scots), a lot of which also voted to remain in the UK in Indy Ref 1 - you seem to be forgetting about these as well.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD I will be throwing my radio out of the window if I hear one more time 'I didn't know what I was voting for and need another referendum because I know so much more now than I did when I voted ' it is so presumptuous and patronising.

I wish those remain supporters who keep saying this would speak for themselves and realise that we are not all as ill-informed as they are

The ONLY people who knew EXACTLY what they where voting for where those who voted remain. WHY? because we had been living with Europe for 40 years.

Leavers voted on pie in the sky rhetoric and promises that those who made them KNEW they couldn't be kept. Silly people.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The ONLY people who knew EXACTLY what they where voting for where those who voted remain. WHY? because we had been living with Europe for 40 years.

Leavers voted on pie in the sky rhetoric and promises that those who made them KNEW they couldn't be kept. Silly people.
I'd just like to get something straight here and out in the open.
Quite frankly I cannot abide either you or the likes of the other leavers on here (AnnieS excluded).

Some of us are sick to death of your condescending petulant patronising attitudes, along with posts that infer racism / xenophobia and that we are stupid.

Some of you I dare say, are so utterly pathetic that I'm sure you'd love Brexit to fail so you can say "ya boo told ya so"

If we make a success of it either with or without a deal, I'm sure you'd be crying your eyes out.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:31 AM

I don't agree with that at all.

Voter apathy and not knowing what you were voting for would favour votes for the status quo, not for leave.

A leave vote was a conscious decision - to move away from the status quo and go against all the scare mongering advice from the treasury, the BBC, Sky News, Barrack Obama, the Conservatives, Lib Debs, Labour and the Greens, the Guardian, the Observer, Daily Mail and the Mirror. Against what Branson, Mark Carney, Bloomberg, the Banks, Goldman Sachs, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Honda, Deutsche Bank and the mobile phone networks. Against Geldof, Lord Adonis, Vince Cable, Blair, Brown and Major, against the London Elite, the threats from Barnier, Tusk and Verhofstadt and a whole host of others.

Or, you could stick your hands over your eyes, your fingers in your ears or both.... and vote remain, for keeping things as they are because people were too stupid, too lazy, too gullible to figure out exactly what they were voting for, believing we wouldn't get a European Army, we wouldn't be able to trade because we weren't members of the WTO, 40-60% tariffs would be applied to our fruit and veg and we would starve to death, we were too stupid too make our own laws, we would never need to accept the Euro, we took more money out of the EU that we contributed, that the EU free movement of people wasn't about migrant dumping, it was about doctors for the NHS, that we would be at the back of the queue if we were to dare ask for a trade deal with the USA, that there would be a hard border in Ireland and the UK would see an uprising in terrorism from the IRA, that the EU keeps us safe (even though it doesn't pay it's NATO contributions), that the EU GDP figures are increasing and it has nothing to do with the 60 billion Euros a month being pumped into the banks since 2008 to stop the whole thing going bankrupt, that debt levels were decreasing in the Eurozone (a complete lie), that Spain would take back Gibraltar and finally.... that 800,000 people in the UK would be out of work as soon as the leave vote was announced and that the UK would need an emergency budget of £3 billion just to cope with the Brexit shock on 23rd June 2016.

Oh how gullible the remainers were.

... and there they go, stockpiling salads
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Either way in a general election, Farage would win by a country mile all on his own. Nobody would ever trust Labour or the Tories again.
Spot on , I certainly won"t be.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Spot on , I certainly won"t be.
Apricot note my post here listing the constituencies that voted leave 406 leave 242 remain
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...04#post1679804

If there were to be an election soon and all those leave voting constituencies voted for the Brexit party they would have a huge majority.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Hi itsme, the stupid/ obstinate/ disobedient donkey is back
again, l see you cant stop yourself from proffessing your
inherant superiority can you.
I suggest you have another go at finding Wigan pier and try
to carry out my last suggestion to you.

Regards Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:07 AM

That's the whole point if doing it.
Your probably correct Banchory, l agree we do tend to be
on the elderly side, possibly because we actually did
experience the events of the last 90yrs, we were actually
victims of european expansion in the past to our detriment.
I would also like to point out that all votes carry the same
weight in uk.

Best Regards Donkeyman.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 05:59 PM

I don't agree with that at all.

Voter apathy and not knowing what you were voting for would favour votes for the status quo, not for leave.

A leave vote was a conscious decision - to move away from the status quo and go against all the scare mongering advice from the treasury, the BBC, Sky News, Barrack Obama, the Conservatives, Lib Debs, Labour and the Greens, the Guardian, the Observer, Daily Mail and the Mirror. Against what Branson, Mark Carney, Bloomberg, the Banks, Goldman Sachs, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Honda, Deutsche Bank and the mobile phone networks. Against Geldof, Lord Adonis, Vince Cable, Blair, Brown and Major, against the London Elite, the threats from Barnier, Tusk and Verhofstadt and a whole host of others.

Or, you could stick your hands over your eyes, your fingers in your ears or both.... and vote remain, for keeping things as they are because people were too stupid, too lazy, too gullible to figure out exactly what they were voting for, believing we wouldn't get a European Army, we wouldn't be able to trade because we weren't members of the WTO, 40-60% tariffs would be applied to our fruit and veg and we would starve to death, we were too stupid too make our own laws, we would never need to accept the Euro, we took more money out of the EU that we contributed, that the EU free movement of people wasn't about migrant dumping, it was about doctors for the NHS, that we would be at the back of the queue if we were to dare ask for a trade deal with the USA, that there would be a hard border in Ireland and the UK would see an uprising in terrorism from the IRA, that the EU keeps us safe (even though it doesn't pay it's NATO contributions), that the EU GDP figures are increasing and it has nothing to do with the 60 billion Euros a month being pumped into the banks since 2008 to stop the whole thing going bankrupt, that debt levels were decreasing in the Eurozone (a complete lie), that Spain would take back Gibraltar and finally.... that 800,000 people in the UK would be out of work as soon as the leave vote was announced and that the UK would need an emergency budget of £3 billion just to cope with the Brexit shock on 23rd June 2016.

Oh how gullible the remainers were.

... and there they go, stockpiling salads
Bread, you just prove, without a shadow of a doubt just how badly those of your tribe where CONNED.

I could go through your 'compacted' list of things that where said during the referendum debate and then use the rest of the post to shoot down in flames the comments you pose.

Yes, I voted to remain as did most of the THINKING population. WHY because there is nothing wrong with the 'STATUS QUE' as the country was only being impacted by it's own sovereign decisions and not by the EU as you and your tribe where led to believe.

There is nothing wrong with leaving as long as you know "FOR CERTAIN" where you are going once you are outside the door.
Brexiters DID NOT and STILL DO NOT know.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Bread, you just prove, without a shadow of a doubt just how badly those of your tribe where CONNED.

I could go through your 'compacted' list of things that where said during the referendum debate and then use the rest of the post to shoot down in flames the comments you pose.

Yes, I voted to remain as did most of the THINKING population. WHY because there is nothing wrong with the 'STATUS QUE' as the country was only being impacted by it's own sovereign decisions and not by the EU as you and your tribe where led to believe.

There is nothing wrong with leaving as long as you know "FOR CERTAIN" where you are going once you are outside the door.
Brexiters DID NOT and STILL DO NOT know.

Says the guy who wants the Euro.....

You do make me laugh... you seem to think that you have the ability to predict the future. What's the lottery numbers for Saturday please ?

Page 4 of 40 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top