Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 06:02 AM

What do you do when......

You can't sleep?

I've been wide awake since 4.15 am and just couldn't get back to sleep.

The hours are stretching ahead.

What do you do when/if you wake early?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:21 AM

Re: What do you do when......

I.ve been awake since 5am and i.ve to go to work at 9 so could do with another couple hours, better put this phone down and snuggle back under the covers or i.m going to be so tired , i.ve a very long working day ahead of me, i.ve just taken on a second job which starts this evening! Zzzzzzzzz
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:35 AM

I couldn't stay in bed - once I am awake I have to be up and doing something.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 08:21 AM

I used to have the same problem. I suffered from insomnia quite bad for decades. Then someone suggest to go to bed at the same time every night and get up at about the same time every morning.
It took a few months of doing that, but now I sleep really well.
If I wake up early, I usually fall asleep again until around 8 am.
I don't know whether that works for everyone, but might be worth a try.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You can't sleep?

In my case stay awake...eye operation in two hours....don't think I've had more than four hours kip.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 09:33 AM

I thought it was a serious question.
If it was not, then I'd say, let him have his leg over and ahhhhh go back to sleep after.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 09:46 AM

You can't sleep?

Get up and make bread
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 09:52 AM

You can't sleep?

Carol darlin' it's possible that the reason you're awake so early is because you're hungry - go fix some breakfast - full fry up and a mug of coffee.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 10:39 AM

Due to pain I'm awake a lot throughout the night, I try not to put any lights on as that makes me fully awake and harder to get back to sleep. I get up and wander through the flat, for me that helps the pain. Then back to bed with my kindle and turn the screen down so it's not too bright and I read until I feel sleepy again. Last night was up 4 times and longest time awake was 2 hours.

I think you get used to it after a while it's better if you can see it as your normal sleep pattern and not worry about it. Once you start worrying you set up a worse system of worry and not sleeping. Which makes it all feel far worse.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 10:50 AM

Good advice from Julie. I’ve had lots of nights where I tossed and turned in the early hours, even now With having the dog. But I too have stopped letting it worry me, and just relax and drift back off.

I do sometimes get up and have a couple of paracetamols, as the disruption gives me a headache and the tablets help with both pain and the insomnia, a bit. Or, I have been known to sit in the lounge with the iPad or a newspaper that hasn’t been read, maybe do a small weak coffee, but try not to do that with Holly about, as she’ll see it as getting up time and will get off the bed to see what I’m up to. This happens if I stay up at bedtime and she’s already on the bed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top