Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: Let's hear it for the place you were born...

I was born in a maternity home in Richmond. It's now part of Greater London. Did I leave the area, yes, would I want to go back, no. I prefer Devon.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I was born in a maternity home in Richmond. It's now part of Greater London. Did I leave the area, yes, would I want to go back, no. I prefer Devon.
Thanks for sharing Tiffany....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Hi

I was born in a Cotton Town, rubbish Housing, outside loo and tin bath.

Moved to another Industrial Town, Chemicals.

I would never go back, too many memories.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh, I love Thunder Bay. Before I lived in London, Ontario (I lived on the Thames by the way), I toured Ontario to see where I would like to live. I have been a gypsy all my life and love to move from city to city. But now, I am settled for good as I am getting too old to move.

Anyway, what I was trying to say, but I got off track, haha....I toured the North because I love it up there and used to spend a lot of week-ends in the Bracebridge Area, and North Bay was one of the places I was considered moving to. It was the home of our Primier at the time, The Chopper...
WOW Blue...I've spent a lot of time in North Bay, too...one of my very favourite places to visit... We went there every summer when dad got his holidays. Dad's sister had a cottage on Four Mile lake...just off of Airport Road... In the 50's...the CF100 jets flew over the lake...hahaha...you could have surfed when they went over...the waves were unreal.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 08:47 PM

I was born in London, on Electric Avenue. This is the house where I lived from 1946 until 1956. The building on the left corner second floor up. My dad, mum, grandma, granddad and my dad's four sisters (with their husbands) all lived in that building. They had their families there and I had some grand times with my cousins. Never lonely and we all looked after each other, sharing meals etc. usually at Grandma's. The adults looked after each others' children. Grandma was the matriarch - her word was law and we all loved her dearly.

http://www.urban75.org/brixton/history/electric.html
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was born in London, on Electric Avenue. This is the house where I lived from 1946 until 1956. The building on the left corner second floor up. My dad, mum, grandma, granddad and my dad's four sisters (with their husbands) all lived in that building. They had their families there and I had some grand times with my cousins. Never lonely and we all looked after each other, sharing meals etc. usually at Grandma's. The adults looked after each others' children. Grandma was the matriarch - her word was law and we all loved her dearly.

http://www.urban75.org/brixton/history/electric.html

I remember Electric Avenue when it still had the canopies, I used to live Clapham South. Brixton is unrecognisable now from how I remembered it in the 70's. Think the last time I was that direction was 2005
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:29 PM

I was born in The Women's College Hospital, in Toronto circa 1941. For the first four years of my life...we lived in West, Toronto...it was here that I had my tonsils removed. Moved in 1944...and attended Dovercourt PS...

Loved Toronto at Christmastime...shopping downtown with my mum, at Simpson's Dept. Store, where their windows were a child's delight... Third floor, Toyland, was Santa's home, away from home, at the North Pole.

We moved to the country in 1953...which was about 80% farmland...and a nice place to finish Public school and go onto High School... Teen years in the country were awesome, so much to do outdoors. So many boyfriends too...

Married my hubby in 1962 and had a traditional wedding. In 1967 my son was born followed by the birth of my daughter in 1970...

I shall stop my story here...as The Y&R is coming on now and I never miss it...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 12:22 AM

Born near Halifax, Yorkshire.

Moved to Manchester aged about 4 as my dad was an aircraft engineer, learning his trade following a brief career as a Pro footballer with Crewe, Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool where he picked up a career ending injury to his cruciate.

Mum was a Barrister.

Had a happy childhood but never as happy as when we were at my Gran's dairy farm....magic days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 12:27 AM

Bradford. A once proud industrial city, when ah wer a lad.

It is now, not to put too fine a point on it, a shit heap.

Needless to say, I wouldn't dream of ever moving back.

My mother-in-law still lives there and has said she would move elsewhere a number of times. She's still stuck there, though. I suppose it's a matter of what you are used to.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was born in a Cotton Town, rubbish Housing, outside loo and tin bath.

Moved to another Industrial Town, Chemicals.

I would never go back, too many memories.
It sounds like you had it hard swimfeeders. Thanks for sharing..I hope you live in a nice area now, that you enjoy.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top