Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Rain, Rain, Rain.

Hi

Anyone else fed up with it?

It is absolutely tipping down here again.

The flood barriers are up in Shrewsbury, Flood warnings for Whitchurch and the Tern and Perry, it really is water everywhere.

The small brook in the village is the highest I have ever seen it, the local pool has overflowed and the fields are unworkable.

My garden pond now stretches across to my raised beds.

I am fed up to the back teeth with it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:07 PM

Re: Rain, Rain, Rain.

Me to, but for us it's snow not rain.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:09 PM

Me to swim. I've been fed up of the weather since last October it really gets me down. This morning was so dismal and it's been raining all day. Tomorrow and Friday supposed to be nice in our region but then it's to rain again at the weekend damn it. At this rate you'll be swimming down the road swim!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:11 PM

Right at the moment I have a rain snow mix with a wind that will knock you off your feet trying to walk into it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Anyone else fed up with it?

It is absolutely tipping down here again.

The flood barriers are up in Shrewsbury, Flood warnings for Whitchurch and the Tern and Perry, it really is water everywhere.

The small brook in the village is the highest I have ever seen it, the local pool has overflowed and the fields are unworkable.

My garden pond now stretches across to my raised beds.

I am fed up to the back teeth with it.
We have had a few sunny intervals today, but at the moment it is tipping down with rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be a much nicer day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:30 PM

It seems to have rained every day here for weeks, some roads are closed with flooding .
I hate it

The problem of flooding is made worse by the high spring tides on the River Severn pushing the flow off from the fields back again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:35 PM

I must admit, we have had sun all day today and it still is, but I am getting fed up with rain every day.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:38 PM

I am very grateful we don't live in our previous property anymore, it was only yards from the river. Although it had never been known to flood the house it came far too close for comfort in 2000! There is a culvert further up the lane, which flooded our garage whilst my husband was critically ill in in hospital in January 2007, it did quite a bit of damage and I had to dispose of a lot of things, including all my husband's LPs, which had been on a low shelf in the garage. Some might have been worth a bob or two these days.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 03:47 PM

just wondering how long these armbands last
doggy paddle is not my strongest stroke
yep peeded off with it
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 04:07 PM

I was away until this week in Thailand for a fortnight , my goodness it was hot ( 38 degrees ) I struggled in the heat and humidity , I was glad to arrive home to the UK but now 7 days on the rain is getting to me and the dark clouds . I long for the sun and the light again . Come on spring lighten up for us all we need you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top