Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:10 PM

Have you been to a big concert?

And if so, what is the best one you have been to?

I went to the Neil Diamond concert with Beautiful Filly in Toronto a few years ago..

It was too bad tho, I got sick during that concert and had to be taken to the hospital, but it is still the best concert and only BIG concert I have ever been to.

She can tell you more about it if you are interested......

I have been to small concerts with Kitty Wells, Stompin Tom,
and my favourite western singer Conway Twitty. Who I was on stage with doing some fill in with someone from our group as I played a bit of guitar......nothing special and can't sing worth a crap!

Here is my fav Conway Twitty song....

So how about sharing about the concerts or plays you have been to.

Oh, I also saw Cats and Phantom of the Opera. Loved them.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:51 PM

Re: Have you been to a big concert?

I have been to a few over the years. My first in '82, I flew to Las Vegas for a week with girlfriends, wanted to see Tom Jones on the strip. I did, it was OK.
I've also seen Barry Manilow, Paul Anka and my favorite was in '96....would you believe MC Hammer!? I loved that one...Before you stick your nose up, listen to the energy this guy sells. (This is ME) I love all kinds of music, as you can tell.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:54 PM

The only one I can recall was back in the late 60's/early 70's.
We went to see the Beatles down in London.
Couldn't hear them for screaming girls!

Blue, you are so lucky going to see Neil Diamond (swoon ), I have loved that man all my life.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:03 AM

Conway Twitty was one of my favourites singers years ago.

My favourite song of his was "It's Only Make Believe"

I haven't been to any big concerts though.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The only one I can recall was back in the late 60's/early 70's.
We went to see the Beatles down in London.
Couldn't hear them for screaming girls!

Blue, you are so lucky going to see Neil Diamond (swoon ), I have loved that man all my life.
I hear you Mups.......you were so lucky to see the Beatles also. I would have loved that......

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Conway Twitty was one of my favourites singers years ago.

My favourite song of his was "It's Only Make Believe"

I haven't been to any big concerts though.
He hugged me Mags...... I was thrilled. He could really sing "It's Only Make Believe".......I was young, can't remember my age, but sometime in my 30's I think.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Heres a few ive been to

Ronan Keating at Royal Concert Hall

Billy Ocean @ R. C .H

Caro Emerald @ R.CH

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
He hugged me Mags...... I was thrilled. He could really sing "It's Only Make Believe".......I was young, can't remember my age, but sometime in my 30's I think.
Lucky you, Blue ... did your knees go all weak?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I have been to a few over the years. My first in '82, I flew to Las Vegas for a week with girlfriends, wanted to see Tom Jones on the strip. I did, it was OK.
I've also seen Barry Manilow, Paul Anka and my favorite was in '96....would you believe MC Hammer!? I loved that one...Before you stick your nose up, listen to the energy this guy sells. (This is ME) I love all kinds of music, as you can tell.

Oh Right Now, that is awesome, Tom Jones, Wow, I loved him.....
I hadn't heard MC Hammer, but I just played a bit of your video and I can see what you mean by the energy. It is great. I am going to put it back on and listen to it all the way through.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 12:16 AM

I went to Vegas lots of times, but never went to see any of the shows (foolish I know), as my nose was always just in the gambling, hours and hours of it......

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top