Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:15 AM

Holidays.

Is anyone else like me, always looking forward to your holidays? We've had all this year's holidays sorted since just after Christmas and I've already started thinking about next year's. I wouldn't mind going to Mittenwald in the Bavarian Alps. We went on a day trip there many years ago when we were holidaying in Austria and I thought how pretty a place it was. We are not ones for beaches or for cities and much prefer mountains and lakes. There's only one snag and that is that such places tend to be very wet.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Re: Holidays.

In April we had a week in West Cork, staying in Bantry. In two weeks time we sail on 'Arcadia' for 17 nights to Venice/Dubrovnik, and then we're back on board her in January for her 116-night world voyage.

We'll try and do something in the autumn, too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
In April we had a week in West Cork, staying in Bantry. In two weeks time we sail on 'Arcadia' for 17 nights to Venice/Dubrovnik, and then we're back on board her in January for her 116-night world voyage.

We'll try and do something in the autumn, too
Wow Deb, a 116 night world cruise, that is some holiday !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:22 AM

I think my answer is yes but slightly nervous?.. I`m away to Sicily later on and it will my first time abroad on my own.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Wow Deb, a 116 night world cruise, that is some holiday !
we did a 100-night world circumnavigation on 'Aurora' in 2012, so we know what we're in for! The biggest problems are sorting out personal and house insurances, as most companies don't cover for more than 90 days. But it's sorted already, and we're good to go.

Next year's trip goes around South America and up to China, Japan and South Korea via Australia, NZ and Indo-China.

Quite looking corward to it, actually!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 11:11 AM

Already had two holidays this year and three more to come. Only two abroad though. One was in Latvia and I am going to Egypt in October with some of my family.
Yes I love holidays and like you Alan I am thinking of my hols next year.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:08 PM

We are not going away this year but when we do we always book 12 months in advance just to make sure we get everything we want.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Yes, I love holidays! They are probably our major extravagence now we're both pretty much retired
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Definitely my major extravagance. In fact, possibly my only extravagance. The planning and anticipation is as enjoyable as the holidays themselves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 04:40 PM

I am off on holiday in two weeks time but can't say I am looking forward to it .
I am going with the family and although I love my 3 small grandchildren there will be no escape from them for a whole week
I am not used to constant noise, there always seems to be one of other of them crying .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top