Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:28 PM

Friends /Holidays

Would you , or, go on holiday with friends ?
I wouldn't .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:39 PM

Re: Friends /Holidays

Definitely not. It's usually a road to disaster.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Are you talking about just me and one friend, or two whole families going?
Also depends how long for, where we were going, and whether there was separate accommodation or all living under one roof.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Chance would be a fine thing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Are you talking about just me and one friend, or two whole families going?
Also depends how long for, where we were going, and whether there was separate accommodation or all living under one roof.
A good question Mups. Two friends would probably be ok but the problems start when their husbands/partners are involved too.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:22 PM

I went on holiday with friends it was us two couples both husband and wife and it was a complete nightmare....I found out so much about them as a couple that I never saw them in the same way again.
I think it was the fact that she was secretly(so she thought) rifling through all my stuff when we were away from the holiday apartment that sealed the deal breaker for me....I wouldnt trust her one iota again. Thank god she was never in my home alone.
They wanted to go to bed early every evening and my hubby and myself would keep late hours every night which they seemed to have a problem with ....they wanted to eat in ,we would eat out ...it just didnt work one bit ....I wouldnt EVER go away with friends again unless I had my own seperate accomodation and my own lock and key!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A good question Mups. Two friends would probably be ok but the problems start when their husbands/partners are involved too.

And each others kids can cause friction sometimes, too.

I went away with a friend 2 or 3 years ago, just the two of us and our dogs. We were only away 3 days, but it was smashing. Perhaps it wouldn't have been if we had stayed longer, who knows.

I'm not much of a one for large groups, so would never go with 2 large families.
I think sometimes the trouble starts when everyone wants to do something different, and others feel obliged to spend their entire holiday going along with things they don't want to do, just to keep the peace.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Quite a lot of years ago we decided to go away with friends to Spain for a week.
They had always been a "bit" tardy.We didn't take too much notice of it really.
They took tardiness to a whole new level though.
We would go out and about through the day then arrange to meet in the bar for drinks before dinner.
Every evening they were late , so we were hanging about ,waiting,waiting.No particular explanation when they did arrive.
The final evening Hubs who is a good patient guy, just exploded ,[ never seen him like that before or since ]and told them their fortune .
It totally ended our friendship.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 06:10 PM

My husband and I went on holiday with 2 couples who were close friends that we spent a lot of social time with. We went to the Dominican Republic and had a great time. If there were any disagreements the girls would go to that bar to discuss it and would then return to the men to tell them what we had decided.
Sadly one husband developed a serious illness 2 years later and couldn't travel, so we decided not to repeat it as we would feel there was somebody missing.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-09-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My husband and I went on holiday with 2 couples who were close friends that we spent a lot of social time with. We went to the Dominican Republic and had a great time. If there were any disagreements the girls would go to that bar to discuss it and would then return to the men to tell them what we had decided.
Sadly one husband developed a serious illness 2 years later and couldn't travel, so we decided not to repeat it as we would feel there was somebody missing.
I think I would feel the same Twink.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top