Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:25 AM

Does anyone ever boil eggs in the kettle?

Call me lazy or dirty or whatever but I've found this to be the easiest way to boil eggs. I've also cooked potato waffles in the toaster and they come out perfect.

I do periodically clean the kettle.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:09 AM

Re: Does anyone ever boil eggs in the kettle?

When I was a teenager living on my own in a rented flat I did this thinking it to be a simple and easy way to boil an egg. And yes it worked a treat.

Only later on did I realise that eggs are covered in hen shit and old bit's of feathers and god knows what nasty bacteria. Obviously the boiling water should kill off any nasties but it's really not a good idea to keep putting them in a kettle that you would also use to boil your water.

Grab a cheap £5 kettle by all means to use ONLY for boiling eggs imo
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:26 AM

Oh, no! Ffosse, l wouldn’t fancy that, especially if the same kettle was being used to boil water for your tea.

I have a small ancient saucepan that l use for boiling eggs. I won’t even touch the egg water, in case l get warts!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Call me lazy or dirty or whatever but I've found this to be the easiest way to boil eggs. I've also cooked potato waffles in the toaster and they come out perfect.

I do periodically clean the kettle.
Never heard of that Ffosse. Does the kettle boil long enough to cook an egg or do you have to jam the switch down?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Never heard of that Ffosse. Does the kettle boil long enough to cook an egg or do you have to jam the switch down?
After the kettle's switched itself off, you just leave the eggs in a bit longer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
After the kettle's switched itself off, you just leave the eggs in a bit longer.
Ah, I see.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:51 AM

I can't imagine putting anything inside a kettle except water - but I've read that hotel kettles are sometimes used by guests to "refresh" underwear .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, no! Ffosse, l wouldn’t fancy that, especially if the same kettle was being used to boil water for your tea.

I have a small ancient saucepan that l use for boiling eggs. I won’t even touch the egg water, in case l get warts!
Water house plants with the cooled water - its good for them
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-04-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I can't imagine putting anything inside a kettle except water - but I've read that hotel kettles are sometimes used by guests to "refresh" underwear .....
Eh?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Eh?
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7909941.html

Experts are warning people not to boil their underwear in hotel kettles in case it spreads potentially deadly toxins.

It's a revelation that’s bound to have you regretting every cup of tea you’ve ever had in a hotel room; the act of underwear-boiling is apparently a practice that exists.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top