Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:39 PM

service and MOT

Today just had my car serviced and MOT test and passed both. Only advisory was wheel alignment and Air con service which I shall get done within a couple of weeks or so . So all in all nothing really to get concerned about.

Can't say how much the service was because we took out a 3 year service plan .

The air con drain down and refill is a bit on the expensive side as it has to has the latest R1234YF gas which all cars have to have if built in the last few years, earlier models use a different gas so watch out to make sure you have the right aircon gas for your car. Recommend checked every 2 years
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Re: service and MOT

Just bought a new to me car and when I took it out of the forecourt for a test drive I noticed the air con wasn't working

The salesman said it was because the car had been sat there and it was hot

I insisted it was sorted before I bought
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Just bought a new to me car and when I took it out of the forecourt for a test drive I noticed the air con wasn't working

The salesman said it was because the car had been sat there and it was hot

I insisted it was sorted before I bought

Good for you Missy.

Some of these darn salesmen think you will believe anything!

Talk to Fender, he knows about these things.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Today just had my car serviced and MOT test and passed both. Only advisory was wheel alignment and Air con service which I shall get done within a couple of weeks or so . So all in all nothing really to get concerned about.

Can't say how much the service was because we took out a 3 year service plan .

The air con drain down and refill is a bit on the expensive side as it has to has the latest R1234YF gas which all cars have to have if built in the last few years, earlier models use a different gas so watch out to make sure you have the right aircon gas for your car. Recommend checked every 2 years
You may want to refer back to Mup's thread re: service & a/c.
Or, you may be yet another punter being ripped for a/c works that are simply NOT required.

One question. Is it working at present?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:52 PM

Realspeed, you need to listen to Fender, he knows what he's talking about.
He very kindly got me sorted and back on the road with a nice cool car again.
Thank you Fender. x
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Realspeed, you need to listen to Fender, he knows what he's talking about.
He very kindly got me sorted and back on the road with a nice cool car again.
Thank you Fender. x
Always welcome Mupsta!.......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:21 PM

Fender it is blowing warm air not cold so needs looking at. As I said now they are using a different gas for new cars so hve to be careful the right gas is used. Just looked up and very few places do the new gas needed.
Places like Halfords - Quickfit and similar places don't do it for that new gas

Link

https://www.autodata-group.com/uk/ne...s-greener-gas/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Fender it is blowing warm air not cold so needs looking at

Well mine was blowing cold air when it went if for the service, but warm when it came out!

RS, was yours cool before it went it, or not?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

28-08-2018, 11:27 PM

Fender it is blowing warm air not cold so needs looking at
Fair play.

Just one thing though. Make a point of taking it somewhere that carries out a proper pressure leak test using ofn to find and cure the leak.

Often they are just placed on an automated machine that carries out a brief vacuum test. These rarely find anything other than large leaks. Therefore, it's only a matter of time before the charge is lost again. Be careful of pricey quotes to replace o rings for example - they cost pence and can often be replaced in minutes....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-08-2018, 11:30 PM

mine is going back to Nissan main dealer for this to be done where I got the car from. Apparently needs doing every 2 years. It now has R1234yf gas not the earlier stuff

Link worth a look at

https://www.autodata-group.com/uk/ne...s-greener-gas/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top