Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:25 PM

Re: Canada Legalises Cannabis...

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Most Brits don't believe everything we read in certain papers.
Hi Annie...I saw similar on our evening news tonight.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Most Brits don't believe everything we read in certain papers.
And nor should you.

There are always going to be people who abuse privileges with every opportunity open to mankind and unfortunately those people ruin it for the others.

Legalizing marijuana will come with many challenges and like anything else in life it’s not fail proof but mistakes are often what teach us how to do things right.

The media is well known for exaggerating the worst because bad news sells far better than good news. There are some very good things happening in Canada due to cannabis being legal for everyone.

Here’s one.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/g...-oil-1.4858913

It’s unfortunate that the media focuses only on the people who want to smoke it in large quantities in front of kids. Yes there are irresponsible users but there’ are also responsible users; ones who take the medicinal part seriously who don’t necessarily smoke it.

Marijuana actually became legal in Canada in 2001 medically and you could either buy it yourself, grow it yourself or hire a ‘designated grower, to have someone grow it for you.

People with cancer and other serious illnesses couldn’t afford to purchase medicine that was either moldy, cut with something like glass or other harsher drugs or have harsh pesticides used to grow it.

Sick people needed clean, organically grown supplies and the black market wasn’t supplying it which was why our government granted the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes as well as the legal right to grow their own.

Marijuana was given a bad rap because it couldn’t be patented to sell . Natural herbs can’t be patented and sold as natural herbs which was the biggest obstacle the government had to deal with and why they created ‘reefer madness. “ It was deliberately created propaganda to frighten anyone using this medicinal plant and they did a fabulous job at it.

It worked.Nobody wanted to do any medicinal testing on it since it wasn’t lucrative enough and people were deathly afraid of it.

We’ve come a long way since reefer madness days and now that patent technology has improved , there are dozens of cannabis based pharmaceuticals on the market. Here are 10 of the most popular ones.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/...ourceID=000883

Suddenly there are medicinal studies and scholarly documents coming out of the woodwork because money talks. Now that it’s patentable and sellable, many professionals are eager to experiment with it and document their findings.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...cton-1.4870622

It’s going to take a lot to eradicate the damage done by ‘ reefer madness ‘ propaganda but it is slowly being done.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 07:52 PM

This hits too close to home to bite my tongue on this subject.

After having spent five years watching doctors inject, infuse and administer a mountain of such chemical compounds as chemotherapy, immunosuppressants, antidepressants, antibiotics, hormones, antibodies, analgesics, anticonvulsants, stimulants, depressants, uptake inhibitors into to dozens of children...

and then despite the health benefits watched the same children bravely and invariably suffer from side effects….

vomiting, malaise, mania, fever. stomachaches, headaches, diarrhea, hair loss, weight loss, impaired cognition, impaired speech, narcolepsy, insomnia, weight gain, muscle weakness, swelling, pain, thrush, anemia, sterility, depression, edema, sleeplessness, depression, joint pain, rashes, itching….and a host of others….

and then join with other parents who then carry the heavy, onerous burden that their children will forever face an increased probability of cancer, bone and joint problems, skin problems, addiction, heart damage, liver damage, emotional problems, learning problems, memory issues, and other neurological damage (I quietly wept in the chair next to my daughter watching a IV drug drip into her arm that could save her life but also possibly cause her an inability to have children)….

I cant’t put my head around why any society would legalize, condone, and encourage lay people to self-administer yet another class of chemical compounds into their bodies that puts others at risk, is societally costly, physically damaging, and makes the vulnerable weaker…

all in the name of some temporary, artificial escape or….

“fun.”

I’ve seen too many sick children, lost the young adult son to a driver impaired with alcohol and marijuana just a month ago, lost two grandfathers at 61 and 62 from tobacco, and have a friend who rerely leaves her house because she must care for her adult son show brain was destroyed (now psychotic, violent, paranoid, unable to work) from using recreational drugs that started out with marijuana use.

If you have a serious or chronic disease or injury, self-educate, see a physician, and consult with a pharmacist. I have yet to see anyone who grows or self-prescribes marijuana know beans about biochemistry and neurology.

There isn't one single benefit from marijuana when it comes to recreational "benefits" that can't be found doing something that is healthier and less costly to others.

If you have the good fortune of having a healthy body and mind, go for a walk, call a friend, go out to lunch and thank your lucky stars that you have a body not filled with unnecessary, potentially damaging chemicals.

It's a sad day for the citizens of Canada.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

After having spent five years watching doctors inject, infuse and administer a mountain of such chemical compounds as chemotherapy, immunosuppressants, antidepressants, antibiotics, hormones, antibodies, analgesics, anticonvulsants, stimulants, depressants, uptake inhibitors into to dozens of children...

and then despite the health benefits watched the same children bravely and invariably suffer from side effects….

vomiting, malaise, mania, fever. stomachaches, headaches, diaherrea, hair loss, weight loss, impaired cognition, impaired speech, narcolepsy, insomnia, weight gain, muscle weakness, swelling, pain, thrush, anemia, sterility, depression, edema, sleeplessness, depression, joint pain, rashes, itching….and a host of others….

and then join with other parents who then carry the heavy, onerous burden that their children will forever face an increased probability of cancer, bone and joint problems, skin problems, addiction, heart damage, liver damage, emotional problems, learning problems, memory issues, and other neurological damage (I quietly wept in the chair next to my daughter watching a IV drug drip into her arm that could save her life but also possibly cause her an inability to have children)….

I cant’t put my head around why any society would legalize, condone, and encourage lay people to self-administer yet another class of chemical compounds into their bodies that puts others a risk, is societally costly, physically damaging, and makes the vulnerable weaker…

“fun.”

I’ve seen too many sick children, lost the young adult son to a driver impaired with alcohol and marijuana just a month ago, lost two grandfathers at 61 and 62 from tobacco, and have a friend who rerely leaves her house because she must care for her adult son show brain was destroyed (now psychotic, violent, paranoid, unable to work) from using recreational drugs that started out with marijuana use.

If you have a serious or chronic disease, self-educate, see a physician, and consult with a pharmacist if you are ill or injured. I have yet to see anyone who grows or self-prescribes marijuana know beans about biochemistry and neurology.

There isn't one single benefit from marijuana when it comes to recreational "benefits" that can't be found doing something that is healthier and less costly to others.

If you have the good fortune of having a healthy body and mind, go for a walk, call a friend, go out to lunch and thank your lucky stars that you have a body not filled with unnecessary, potentially damaging chemicals.

Outstanding post Surfermom, and one with which I fully concur...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:08 PM

vomiting, malaise, mania, fever. stomachaches, headaches, diarrhea, hair loss, weight loss, impaired cognition, impaired speech, narcolepsy, insomnia, weight gain, muscle weakness, swelling, pain, thrush, anemia, sterility, depression, edema, sleeplessness, depression, joint pain, rashes, itching….and a host of others….

I cant’t put my head around why any society would legalize, condone, and encourage lay people to self-administer yet another class of chemical compounds into their bodies that puts others at risk, is societally costly, physically damaging, and makes the vulnerable weaker…

“fun.”

If you have a serious or chronic disease or injury, self-educate, see a physician, and consult with a pharmacist. I have yet to see anyone who grows or self-prescribes marijuana know beans about biochemistry and neurology.

I couldn’t agree with you more Surfermom.
Seeing children administered with harsh pharmaceutical drugs that poison their system so much that they cause unbearable side effects is horrible. It’s horrible for anyone but when it’s children, it’s even harder. That’s quite a list of horrendous side effects. I can’t imagine getting that sick from drugs but I’ve read and heard that it happens.

It must be equally difficult for those mothers too.

I’m also sorry you’ve known children who have lost parents due to impaired driving.
Being impaired is horrible and I can never figure out why people do it but to drive and put the lives of others in danger is disastrous. Impairment kills. I couldn’t agree more.

I’m sorry you lost both grandparents due to smoking tobacco. That must have been difficult. Tobacco definitely kills. It’s a proven fact. I never had any smokers in our family so have never had to deal with that. Touch wood.

I’m also really sorry to read that you have a friend whose son is addicted to hard drugs. I can’t even imagine what that would be like. What a horrible way to live.

These substances all have side effects that kill people and it is indeed VERY disturbing and I can’t blame you for being upset. I would be too if this happened to me.

Thank you for sharing with us. That’s certainly eye opening.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Bratti.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

23-10-2018, 09:36 PM

I agree and did exactly as you have suggested
I educated myself through research, went to my doctor for a prescription and grew my own meds .

You have now. I have a degree in biology a diploma in nutrition and holistic healing as well as educated in biochemistry and neurology.( but no degree ... just part of the curriculum. )
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

23-10-2018, 09:37 PM

Bratti.
back. That was tough to even read.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 10:04 PM

For many of us conventional drugs come with undesirable side effects or don't do what it says on the pack. I've said already I use the oil to help me use less of the conventional drugs they leave me constipated, breathless, unable to work and depressed. The oil does none of those things. I don't recommend it to anyone else but I use it and it helps me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

24-10-2018, 12:53 AM

That’s right Julie. The side effects of pharmaceutical or conventional drugs are many which can make them dangerous.

Years ago I got hit by a double trailer transport truck travelling appropriately 100 km an hour. My vehicle was a right off and I was taken to the hospital with back & neck injuries. My GP put me on tramacet for pain. Here’s some information about it. Even going off it cold turkey can be dangerous.
Check out the info on this drug.

https://chealth.canoe.com/drug/getdrug/tramacet

I was also prescribed anti inflammatories which caused incredible stomach distress so was prescribed something for that also.

That prescription caused heartburn ( g.e.r.d. ) so I was prescribed a prescription for that as well.

Since I couldn’t walk or drive any more due to injuries and the fact that my medication warned against it , I got depressed and my doctor prescribed something for that. Effexor.

After a few months I was a complete basket case. The medication caused so many horrible side effects and I was gaining weight fast.

One day I decided to take myself off my prescription medicine and grow my own ( which I got a licence for ) and now it’s my only prescription and I have next to no side effects . At least nothing that causes me distress and I think it was the best thing I ever did.

The side effects off many conventional drugs can be far worse than the ailment it’s meant to be treating.

I’m also not recommending it to anyone else but I use it and it helps me .

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top