Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 11:23 PM

Re: Driverless Cars

And here's a Peterbilt that drove itself, mainly, from California to Florida

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What's the idea, what are they for exactly?

What is the point?

You'll still be sitting there anyway, so if you're not driving what else will you do instead?

Unless I've got this all wrong, I really can't see what the point is. The money could be much better spent elsewhere I'd have thought.
Surely the point is that eventually you will phone a/your car and tell it to come and get you?

How nice to be able to go out on the piss and the car parks itself then comes to find you at the end of the evening when you are legless. It will come eventually.

Brilliant!

I have watched the massive Euclid trucks in WA mines picking up 300 tonnes of ore then negotiating the winding road up the side of a deep open cut mine and dumping it into trains. They have no one in the cab and they are completely autonomous, this is just the beginning.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 06:35 AM

Does it reverse park for you into tight spots and does it find places for you....if so put me down for one
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 08:26 AM

The point is, to stop satellites becoming "Space Junk".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:27 AM

From what I understand you will have to licensed to drive and present to take control if necessary in emergency situations. So you would be watching the road etc in case you had to take control.

I'd love one I do same journey everyday, sometimes I arrive and can't remember how I got there Obviously did it safely but it would worry me less if I was being driven.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Does it reverse park for you into tight spots and does it find places for you....if so put me down for one
Several self parking cars are available now

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/r...f-parking-cars
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Hi

I was a front seat passenger in a self parking car recently.

Amazing job, my next car will be self parking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They scare the hell out of me Mups
And as for electric cars, three words,
winter power cuts ....
Three nicer words than I would have come up with Meg.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:59 AM

I love driving, I love long journeys as much as short journeys. I love the feeling of acceleration and being able to choose which gear to be in to drive up a hill. I'm not looking forward to a machine that does this all for me, a soulless, soundless computer on wheels. Luckily by the time the last of the petrol vehicles are crushed, I reckon I might be too old to care.

And another thing, can it stick two fingers up at other driverless cars?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:25 PM

My car is driverless already!
Isn't it?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top