Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:16 AM

Re: Have you been to a big concert?

Roy Orbison was my favourite. I've seen him about 4 times. Gene Pitney was another.

I've been to numerous silver sixties shows and seen acts such as the Searchers, Hermans Hermits, PJ Proby and many more but alas not the Beatles.

I saw Status Quo at the Motorpoint arena Nottingham the year before Rick Parfit died.

In December I'm going to the Genting arena Birmingham to see Frankie Valli in concert. I've been a lifelong fan of The Four Seasons but never seen him live. Really looking forward to that.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 02:08 AM

Oh Blue, my sweet friend...now you've gone and done it, I've been going to concerts since I was about 14 years old. My early ones were mostly at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto...where the rock'n'roll superstars of the day would come together for an evening of fun. I was fortunate as my parents were anything but prudes when it came to the new music...

Two days before my 16th birthday in 1957...my friend Diane and I went to see Elvis at MLG's. We had 2nd row Blues...at the side of the stage...with no one in front of us but a few police officers...making sure no one got out of control. He was amazing, to be sure...and I recall not being able to talk for a few days...

I worked at Quality Records part-time whilst in high school...and was offered a job in downtown Toronto, right out of school...which I jumped at. Met so many recording stars whilst there...including Mr. Conway Twitty...I should have had to pay them rather than vise versa. He recorded "It's Only Make Believe" in 1958 on The MGM label...during my time working there...

When Blue and I went to see Neil Diamond...we were only about a half hour into the concert before she got so sick...and went to the washroom. After which she spent the rest of the concert in the infirmary. Blue had told me to stay where I was and watch the concert...and that she'd find me later... At the end of the concert a lovely lady came and asked if I was Beautiful Filly...and said "I am here to take you to Blue"...and off we went.

Then from the infirmary we were transferred by ambulance to one of the Toronto hospitals...where we stayed until about 5 AM...at which time we took a taxi back to our hotel...

OK, I think that's enough for now...don't want to talk your ears off, I don't. Oops, too late.

Thanks blue...this little romp down memory lane has been so fun... ...I'll add some more stuff later.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’ve been to close to a hundred . Some of the best were Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, MaDonna, The Eagles, Rush, Heart, Rush , Fleetwood MAC , Chuck Mangioni, Chicago, Lighthouse, Santana, alanis morrisette, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel, ELO, Mike and the Mechanics.....

So many that I can’t remember them all but I really enjoy music very much ; especially the energy of concerts. Now the audiences would be overwhelming for me but I used to go. Most of the concerts were seen with a large group of friends .

I sort of miss that type of thing now.
These sort of concerts are more my thing
I wouldn't know where to begin with a list but I'll get one together tomorrow afternoon (Tues) when I'm not at work.
Just for now though I believe my first major concert was the band Asia at Wembley Arena, 28th October 1982 when I was 16.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:26 AM

Great memories, not a bad performance in the bunch:

Julie Andrews
Burt Bacharach
Crosby Stils and Nash
Eagles
Chicago
Queen
Boston
Bread
Tears for Fears
Hall and Oates
Bee Gees
Styx
Simon and Garfunkel
Bob Dylan
Donny Osmond
Carpenters
Neil Diamond
America
Jimmy Buffet
Peter Gabriel
Sarah Brightman
Andrea Bochelli
Pavorotti
Fleetwood Mac
Moody Blues
Queen
Rush
Three Dog Night
Andy Williams
Glenn Cambell
Earth Wind and Fire
Commodores
Peter Gabriel
Little River Band
Supertramp
Santana
Michael Jackson
Dionne Warwick

Aretha Franklin
Sting
Elton John
Billy Joel
Beach Boys

Peter Paul and Mary
Louis Armstrong
(Excluding classical and jazz)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The only one I can recall was back in the late 60's/early 70's.
We went to see the Beatles down in London.
Couldn't hear them for screaming girls!
Wasn't it always so? I used to go to a lot of those One Night Stands at the local Odeon and the first band with a PA that could actually drown out the screams was the Dave Clark Five - they didn't lend it to the previous acts who could have been miming to O Sole Mio for all I know (BTW that show was opened by The Kinks)
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
These sort of concerts are more my thing
I wouldn't know where to begin with a list but I'll get one together tomorrow afternoon (Tues) when I'm not at work.
Just for now though I believe my first major concert was the band Asia at Wembley Arena, 28th October 1982 when I was 16.
Yes I remember discussing some of the groups and have seen some of your music list . Good stuff. You obviously have great taste

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Great memories, not a bad performance in the bunch:

Julie Andrews
Burt Bacharach
Crosby Stils and Nash
Eagles
Chicago
Queen
Boston
Bread
Tears for Fears
Hall and Oates
Bee Gees
Styx
Simon and Garfunkel
Bob Dylan
Donny Osmond
Carpenters
Neil Diamond
America
Jimmy Buffet
Peter Gabriel
Sarah Brightman
Andrea Bochelli
Pavorotti
Fleetwood Mac
Moody Blues
Queen
Rush
Three Dog Night
Andy Williams
Glenn Cambell
Earth Wind and Fire
Commodores
Peter Gabriel
Little River Band
Supertramp
Santana
Michael Jackson
Dionne Warwick

Aretha Franklin
Sting
Elton John
Billy Joel
Beach Boys

Peter Paul and Mary
Louis Armstrong
(Excluding classical and jazz)
That’s quite the list Surfer mom.
It’s a great list. I’ve been to a few classical concerts also but couldn’t tell you who they were off hand and a bit of Jazz.

I’ve been to see these from your list also.

Boston
Tears for fears
Hall & Oates
Styx
Carpenters
Moody Blues
Little River Band

Max Webster
I think I saw Billy Joel too but can’t temember.

I would have liked to have seen the Beatles and led zeppelin.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->

Two days before my 16th birthday in 1957...my friend Diane and I went to see Elvis at MLG's. We had 2nd row Blues...at the side of the stage...with no one in front of us but a few police officers...making sure no one got out of control. He was amazing, to be sure...and I recall not being able to talk for a few days...

Wow that is amazing to have seen Elvis and to be so close! What an experience that must have been!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:49 AM

That's quite some list Surfermom. I used to go to a lot of concerts in my youth.

Duran Duran
Wham!
Meatloaf
Rush
Aerosmith
Bryan Adams
Poison
ZZ Top
David Lee Roth
Stranglers
Alice Cooper
Santana

More recently we went to a Festival called Latitude about 9 years ago and saw Hall & Oates, Paul Weller, Elbow, Ben Howard. Around that time we also went to an 80s revival with bands such as ABC, Nick Heyward, T'pau, Heaven 17 among others. We were in the second row so was really strange seeing these icons of our youth up close.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:53 AM

I've been to lots of big concerts...to be honest though I prefer small venues, I saw 10cc in Halifax the other night they were good and I could see them close up....at big venues I end up watching the big screens because the artist is so far away I end up wondering why I bothered I could watch a live performance at home on TV

The Eagles are at Leeds Arena soon my pal enquired about tickets....£184 For a restricted view seat...I love the Eagles but not that much
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Been treated to last night of the proms a couple of times, proms in the park too, also been to festivals where you see a lot of different musicians. I've also been to several Cliff Richard events, I won't call them concerts as they are much more than that.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top