Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Re: What is the strangest gift you have ever received?

I had a dotty aunt, and when we married she presented us with an aluminium plate cover that kitchens use to keep dishes warm. Dear old auntie Winnie .........

oh, and her brother (my dad) once gave me a birthday card he'd made himself consisting of a ripped off bit of paper onto which he'd stuck a dead leaf. Hey ho.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:59 AM

My friend had a weird brother in law, one Christmas he gave her a cabbage as a present & the next year a Barbie doll. We had hysterics over those when she told me & they weren't joke presents either. He was a very strange man.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
One year I got hand decorated coat hangers from a boyfriend .
They were made by his mother. Oh joy. Oh bliss.

We didn’t last long.
Oh I like them. X

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mum once gave us a lovely oil painting of where we married for Christmas.

Unfortunately it was the wrong wife.
OMG Swimmy how embarrassing.

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I had a dotty aunt, and when we married she presented us with an aluminium plate cover that kitchens use to keep dishes warm. Dear old auntie Winnie .........

oh, and her brother (my dad) once gave me a birthday card he'd made himself consisting of a ripped off bit of paper onto which he'd stuck a dead leaf. Hey ho.
See we all remember them.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My friend had a weird brother in law, one Christmas he gave her a cabbage as a present & the next year a Barbie doll. We had hysterics over those when she told me & they weren't joke presents either. He was a very strange man.
Ah cabbage patch doll Tiff.
Secret code.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
One year I got hand decorated coat hangers from a boyfriend .
They were made by his mother. Oh joy. Oh bliss.

We didn’t last long.
The gift that keeps on giving eh?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The gift that keeps on giving eh?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:18 PM

My Nan knitted me a mohair jumper back in the 70's. Apart from being too itchy to wear, the sleeves were twice as long as my arms.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mum once gave us a lovely oil painting of where we married for Christmas.

Unfortunately it was the wrong wife.

, excellent!

I have a star too, SP, from a sweet boy, though the strangest thing someone bought me was a house. Well, almost. He showed it to me after a deposit had been made, but the transaction thankfully hadn't closed. We weren't married (or even close) and was only 17. It was scary, actually.

My dad was not pleased.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:39 PM

I gave someone a very strange get well gift when I was a teenager. It still causes them much amusement now, they are in their 90s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I gave someone a very strange get well gift when I was a teenager. It still causes them much amusement now, they are in their 90s.
Please don't tell us what it was Tara, I don't think we could take the hilarity of it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
, excellent!

I have a star too, SP, from a sweet boy, though the strangest thing someone bought me was a house. Well, almost. He showed it to me after a deposit had been made, but the transaction thankfully hadn't closed. We weren't married (or even close) and was only 17. It was scary, actually.

My dad was not pleased.
I was married by that age. X

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Oh go on Tara. X
Tell us.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top