Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Surely if the result is a reverse of the first we will need a third, best out of three and all that.

I have said this before the whole Brexit negotiations, and I use the term loosely, have been an utter shambles lead by a woman who was a hopeless home secretary and a remainder to boot. It has also shown the British public what a totally useless bunch of politicians of all parties we have governing us.
Indeed! That stupid woman will go down in history for all the wrong reasons.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 02:58 PM

I remember reading that an exit vote would never happen, and I believe that Cameron believed that too. Decisions should have been made long before the result of the referendum was known, on what actions we should take if the exit vote won.
Too much time has been wasted on useless negotiations when we should have already decided what terms we were prepared to accept.
A referendum should never have occurred, if they had already decided that we would not leave........instead of using all the sly devious methods to overrule the result of a democratic vote!

If a second referendum is eventually agreed and the vote is changed, I will be ashamed to say that I am British...
1) because it will mean that we are not a democratic country.
2) because Britian will be viewed as a downtrodden country that has no standing in the world.

We have just spent a week remembering all the brave men who fought for this country to be a strong, free country, that controls itself. I wonder how those men would regret their patriotism, if they knew that what they fought for is being destroyed by some of it's own people who did not respect the sovereignty they fought for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If a second referendum is eventually agreed and the vote is changed, I will be ashamed to say that I am British...
1) because it will mean that we are not a democratic country.
2) because Britian will be viewed as a downtrodden country that has no standing in the world.
I agree.

We have had that rare opportunity for the ordinary people of this country to say what they want. We have said it, only to see our government doing their best to overrule our decision.

For a so-called democratic country to suffer that, just demonstrates that we actually have very little say in how our country is run. Yes, we are allowed to vote for which political party we want, but at the end of the day they end up doing what they want regardless of the promises made in their manifestos. That is not democracy - rule by the people.

What should be happening is that we should be having regular referenda whose results should be mandatory for the government of the day to put into action. Only then would the majority of the people be in charge.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Well at least the Sheeple are starting to wake up to the reality of the "Matrix" they are stuck in ! The more the better TBH.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

We have had that rare opportunity for the ordinary people of this country to say what they want.
But are they informed enough to determine if what they want is the best thing for the country?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well at least the Sheeple are starting to wake up to the reality of the "Matrix" they are stuck in ! The more the better TBH.
Yes, but sadly we still have many of the brainwashed sheeple who believe anything that they hear about the wonderful EU.

Despite claims to the contrary, I believe that the number of people who are in favour of Brexit is increasing, and one good reason for that is the continuous threats and prophesies from the remainiacs, who themselves believe every word spoken by such people as Barmy and Drunker.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But are they informed enough to determine if what they want is the best thing for the country?
Well, yes. One of the remoaner's favourite mantras is "They didn't know what they were voting for"!

Hopefully, the majority of people in this country have a pretty good idea of what is best for, not only them personally, but also the country as a whole.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 09:12 PM

Hopefully, the majority of people in this country have a pretty good idea of what is best for, not only them personally, but also the country as a whole.
Free movement of labour - will that continue, if so for how long?
Single market?
Harmonisation on technical matters?
Agriculture?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Free movement of labour - will that continue, if so for how long?
Single market?
Harmonisation on technical matters?
Agriculture?
Free movement of labour - certainly not. We shall be able to choose who we want and, hopefully, will choose only those people who will benefit the country. As for the EU, that's up to them, but if they have any sense, they will do the same.

Single market - Yes, I'd be happy for that, just as I was happy with the EEC. Somehow, I suspect that the EU won't allow it!

Harmonisation on technical matters - No. I'd like to think that we could still work together for the common good, as we have always done with many countries all over the world. Unfortunately, the EU's interpretation of 'harmonisation' is 'you must do what we say'!

Agriculture - Yes, of course we shall continue to use agriculture as we always have. Moreover, we can choose to grow what we want without any limitations imposed by a foreign power.

All of these, though, depend on whether Treason May succeeds in keeping us under the jackboot.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-11-2018, 09:56 PM

Free movement of labour - certainly not. We shall be able to choose who we want and, hopefully, will choose only those people who will benefit the country. As for the EU, that's up to them, but if they have any sense, they will do the same.

Single market - Yes, I'd be happy for that, just as I was happy with the EEC. Somehow, I suspect that the EU won't allow it!

Harmonisation on technical matters - No. I'd like to think that we could still work together for the common good, as we have always done with many countries all over the world. Unfortunately, the EU's interpretation of 'harmonisation' is 'you must do what we say'!

Agriculture - Yes, of course we shall continue to use agriculture as we always have. Moreover, we can choose to grow what we want without any limitations imposed by a foreign power.

All of these, though, depend on whether Treason May succeeds in keeping us under the jackboot.
That kinda makes my point, JBR.
Until we have certainty on these and many other decisions, we can't make an informed choice. Even then, many of us will be able only to speculate on what the consequences of those decisions. And, no doubt, some will be negative.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top