Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 04:43 PM

Re: UK Must Have an All Brexit Cabinet!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

At the start of this the Cabinet Members responsible for Brexit were Leavers.

They have left.
That is why they are called leavers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:14 PM

I realise that it's not easy for some to fathom but the cabinet is responsible for more than just brexit. It should be formed of the most capable members not brexit Worshipping toadies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I realise that it's not easy for some to fathom but the cabinet is responsible for more than just brexit. It should be formed of the most capable members not brexit Worshipping toadies.
I agree that's why I think we should have separate department made up of leavers who deal with brexit, the cabinet need to be doing the day to day work that is always needed. I wouldn't describe them as toadies though and that's a little beneath you Annie one thing I always enjoy about your posts is you aren't trying to insult anyone.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree that's why I think we should have separate department made up of leavers who deal with brexit, the cabinet need to be doing the day to day work that is always needed. I wouldn't describe them as toadies though and that's a little beneath you Annie one thing I always enjoy about your posts is you aren't trying to insult anyone.
It's not too late for that. Like a ministery of war you can have a department of brexit that handles the negotiations on future trade deals with the eu.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Julie I am talking of those who care more about Brexit and what it can do for their political career than they care about Britain.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:57 PM

I can see what you mean but whatever we do IMO must be cross party effort, we have excellent people in all the main parties who could do this and we need to take the party politics out of it.

And they are?????
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:03 PM

The cabinet should reflect the extremely close voting (3.4%) of the referendum.

You all keep spouting about democracy and then go on to suggest a brexit only cabinet, I never fail to be astonished at some of the drivel on this forum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:30 PM

I can see what you mean but whatever we do IMO must be cross party effort, we have excellent people in all the main parties who could do this and we need to take the party politics out of it.
I'm afraid I can't see that happening.

The last time both sides of the House agreed to work together, we were under threat from Nazi Germany and Vichy France.

Oh, hang on...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by annies ->
i realise that it's not easy for some to fathom but the cabinet is responsible for more than just brexit. It should be formed of the most capable members not brexit worshipping toadies.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The cabinet should reflect the extremely close voting (3.4%) of the referendum.

You all keep spouting about democracy and then go on to suggest a brexit only cabinet, I never fail to be astonished at some of the drivel on this forum.

Exactly - I think it is important to keep in mind that small majority - a majority which quite possibly, were there to be another vote, would go the other way.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top