Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Re: UK Must Have an All Brexit Cabinet!

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Exactly - I think it is important to keep in mind that small majority - a majority which quite possibly, were there to be another vote, would go the other way.
And "quite possibly" not!

But. TM has said, today, that there will not be another referendum.

And we all know what that means!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

There will not be another referendum I would think and I don't think we should have another referendum either, even though the first one was a mistake on the part of Cameron IMO. Damage limitation and the best deal we can get is what must happen now.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
There will not be another referendum I would think and I don't think we should have another referendum either, even though the first one was a mistake on the part of Cameron IMO. Damage limitation and the best deal we can get is what must happen now.
And what would be your upset price for damage control? Revoke article 50 before march 29? Or invoke article 49 during the transition period? At that time the UK is still mostly compliant with EU regulations, so you could enter before end of transitions. Membership comes at a price, so you would probably enter schengen and the monetary union, the rebate?
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And what would be your upset price for damage control? Revoke article 50 before march 29? Or invoke article 49 during the transition period? At that time the UK is still mostly compliant with EU regulations, so you could enter before end of transitions. Membership comes at a price, so you would probably enter schengen and the monetary union, the rebate?

Revoke article 50.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Revoke article 50.
Well, remainers old and new, go for it. You know how.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I'm surprised at her.

If we were to have another referendum, the remoaners insist that they will win in.

So then we'll be equal.

And we'll have to have the best of three... or five, or seven!

As referenda take time, May should be all in favour of that. Her dithering and delaying tactics have paid off so far, but can't go on for long. A few more referenda should keep us in the EU for many more years.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:55 PM

I don't see how we can revoke article 50 now (unless something unseen and dramatic happens). Of course, damage limitation is going to cost us a lot (don't have any idea how much and not just money) and we must pay that price. I have said somewhere else that if we are going to leave the EU (and we probably will no matter what I think) I believe a gradual and measured process is sensible for everyone, therefore, article 49. - I see no need to hurry and make decisions through pressure. IMO the separation need not be a complete severance - I believe the EU needs us and we need the EU. For heavens sake we are Europeans and obviously the EU is made up of several countries. I think we sometimes forget that and just say The EU. As long as everybody can make a fair and equitable process out of it it might not be as bad as many people think (talking about the EU, the folks who want to remain and those who voted to leave). Where there is a will there is a way, although I do believe that in the short and medium term (possibly long term) the UK will be the ones who lose most. Perhaps I am naïve as human beings frequently degenerate to "dog eat dog" through ignorance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:00 PM

If we were back in the EU we would definitely not be in the Euro or in schengen. it would be on better terms not worse.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:22 AM

I doubt we will have another referendum, we scared them last time, they'll never be brave enough to ask us anything again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I doubt we will have another referendum, we scared them last time, they'll never be brave enough to ask us anything again.
I don't want us to have to go through that again. It caused so much bad feeling and divided the country. It divided entire families.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top