Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 06:18 AM

Re: Tony Abbott an Aussie take on leaving the EU

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
He's a moronic thug.
Sadly they are very popular in politics these days.
We certainly have our share of them and the gullible believe their rhetoric.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
He's a moronic thug.
Sadly they are very popular in politics these days.
Makes no difference if he's a thug...The police can deal with that side of his personality if it's criminal.

It's his words we are reading and his words make good sense.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Makes no difference if he's a thug...The police can deal with that side of his personality if it's criminal.

Not to me they don't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Yes that's how I see it. I've been lied to by gentlemen who butter wouldn't melt. Being like that doesn't mean you always tell the truth or can be trusted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
It’s pretty hard for Britain’s friends, here in Australia, to make sense of the mess that’s being made of Brexit. The referendum result was perhaps the biggest-ever vote of confidence in the United Kingdom, its past and its future. But the British establishment doesn’t seem to share that confidence and instead looks desperate to cut a deal, even if that means staying under the rule of Brussels. Looking at this from abroad, it’s baffling: the country that did the most to bring democracy into the modern world might yet throw away the chance to take charge of its own destiny.
It baffles me too, but let's remember that May, and many of her colleagues, are more interested in themselves than the people of this country.

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
A world trade Brexit lets Britain set its own rules. It can say, right now, that it will not impose any tariff or quota on European produce and would recognise all EU product standards.
If Europe knows what’s in its own best interests, it would fully reciprocate

Next, the UK should declare that Europeans already living here should have the right to remain permanently — and, of course, become British citizens if they wish. This should be a unilateral offer.
If Europe knows what’s best for itself, it would likewise allow Britons to stay where they are.

Third, there should continue to be free movement of people from Europe into Britain — but with a few conditions. Only for work, not welfare.

Fourth, no ‘divorce bill’ whatsoever should be paid to Brussels. The UK government would assume the EU’s property and liabilities in Britain, and the EU would assume Britain’s share of these in Europe.

Finally, there’s no need on Britain’s part for a hard border with Ireland. Britain wouldn’t be imposing tariffs on European goods, so there’s no money to collect.

Of course, the EU might not like this British leap for independence. It might hit out with tariffs and impose burdens on Britain as it does on the US
I think that from these suggestions, the Australian PM is blissfully unaware of the mindset of the EU leaders.

He naively thinks that if we act like gentlemen, the EU bosses will do the same.

Many of us know for certain that you can't rely on EU dictators to play the white man. Have they ever done other than to continually issue demands and make threats if their demands are not made?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

20-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Many of us know for certain that you can't rely on EU dictators to play the white man. Have they ever done other than to continually issue demands and make threats if their demands are not made?
Now I suppose you will insist that is not a racist remark?
Shows you up for what you are.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Now I suppose you will insist that is not a racist remark?
Shows you up for what you are.
It's an old saying... get over it.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
The art of negotiation.....

I'll buy that mobile phone off you for £50?
Okay, that's fine.

And.. I want the charger thrown in as well.
Okay, that's fine

And.. I want the leather cover thrown in as well.
Okay, that's fine

And I want you to throw in £20 credit as well.
Go to Hell!

Are you listening Theresa????

Your losing it, some might say you already have (not me obviously)
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's an old saying... get over it.

Oh! that's alright then???????????
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Oh! that's alright then???????????
Good!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top