Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: Corbyn and Brexit.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Bollox.

They voted to leave, same as i did.

No Deal is just plain stupidity.

We need a Trade Deal with the EU as much as we need Trade Deals with the rest of the World.

A Simple Free Trade Deal as accepted by Canada, Japan and South Korea.

Nobody voted for losing their jobs or Pensions.

We voted for a better Future, not stupidity.
So, presumably, you are in favour of Treason May's 'deal', which will keep us in the EU in all but name?

We can make trade deals with countries all over the world: it is in everyone's interest.

Clearly, you would prefer us to be confined within the EU's trade agreement for an untold number of years.

Still, you're entitled to your own opinion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Leaving with no deal would IMO concentrate their minds pretty quickly and we'd get a deal that doesn't punish anyone. By accepting we aren't serious and won't do it we are saying beat us with a bigger stick we don't mind.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:53 AM

Hi

Well now we know what he is promising.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/labo...jeremy-corbyn/

Only one problem, staying in the Single Market means not leaving.

Yet another example of pie in the sky.
I'm afraid Lib/Lab/Con are all cut from the same cloth.
Not one single voter who chose to leave can trust any one of our elected parties. They are all traitors of democracy.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:09 PM

Hi

Bollox.

They voted to leave, same as i did.

No Deal is just plain stupidity.

We need a Trade Deal with the EU as much as we need Trade Deals with the rest of the World.

A Simple Free Trade Deal as accepted by Canada, Japan and South Korea.

Nobody voted for losing their jobs or Pensions.

We voted for a better Future, not stupidity.

SF,

Although I voted to remain you seem to be a breath of fresh air within the brexit clamoring with regard to reality.

There is NO brexit option that leaves the UK better off economically.

From June 23rd 2016 the negotiation was always going to be a trade off between 'sovereignty' a multi faceted concept and not a single entity, and 'economics'.

It is about time that brexiters started to recognise that simple truth.

Would one expect that a government of any colour would accept a decline in the economy of the country they purport to govern?

It would take an epic failure of statesmanship on both sides that would bring about a no deal scenario.

With hindsight it might have been useful to know what was realistically achievable before the vote and in a perfect world we would stop brexit NOW.

One wonders what those who extolled the virtues of sovereignty would argue against Trump who has told Airbus that if you trade with Iran we will close your Dollar bank accounts?

In a world of globalisation which whether one likes it or not is a fact of life, sovereignty is for those who's mindset is some what out of date.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So, presumably, you are in favour of Treason May's 'deal', which will keep us in the EU in all but name?

We can make trade deals with countries all over the world: it is in everyone's interest.

Clearly, you would prefer us to be confined within the EU's trade agreement for an untold number of years.

Still, you're entitled to your own opinion.
Hi

I can add up, you cannot.

No other member of the top 20 Economies in the World has chosen to go down this path.

Please explain why we are so special.

I want out, but on the same basis as others, not a suicidal mission.

My Pension, over £30k a year , after Tax, is protected.

Yours is not.

I can move to any any EU or NATO Country without any loss.

Can you?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:46 PM

I Despair sometimes where did some of you do economics?

Even my lecturer who was a pretty far left acknowledged we had to have big business to survive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Hi

I can add up, you cannot.

No other member of the top 20 Economies in the World has chosen to go down this path.
But to the best of my knowledge 14 of the top twenty economies in the world are independent nations and are able to make trade deals with anyone they wish.

The other 6, including the UK, are not allowed to do so.

See? I may not be able to add up, but I can subtract.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	8022  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I Despair sometimes where did some of you do economics?

Even my lecturer who was a pretty far left acknowledged we had to have big business to survive
But we do have big business.

Why do you think that is?

Could it be that we are a stable and safe country with excellent financial services?

Do you think that all of our businesses will scuttle off to Frankfurt after we leave?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:45 PM

You wont have them if they cannot trade in a tariff free market place or if it is too awkward to export and import

I am not say we never will but in the short term the damage will be unthinkable and business will not wait for it to happen
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
You wont have them if they cannot trade in a tariff free market place or if it is too awkward to export and import

I am not say we never will but in the short term the damage will be unthinkable and business will not wait for it to happen
They are not, smart money has already gone.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top