Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:25 AM

Re: Corpus Juris - The End Of Your Liberty

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The presumption of innocence is enshrined in the Declaration of Human Rights as well as the European Council's Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms so don't let his waffle put that one over you.
I look forward to Realist explaining himself.

As far as I see it Brexit means a rejection of human rights. After all we plan to leave the European Court behind. Various EU directives on workers rights will also go down the pan.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is a danger to our remaining in the EU which I had not been aware of.

Yet another reason why we should get out of the EU right now, and out completely without compromise.
Says someone who wants to bring back hanging to free up prison space....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I look forward to Realist explaining himself.

As far as I see it Brexit means a rejection of human rights. After all we plan to leave the European Court behind. Various EU directives on workers rights will also go down the pan.
That's ridiculous.

The EU Court does not have a monopoly on 'human rights'.

We all care about human rights.

As for directives on workers' rights, it is quite obvious the EU has trashed the rights of workers in the UK by allowing free movement of labour, which is great for businesses to maximise profits but very bad for workers' rights , workers' job security and workers' training, upskilling and career development prospects.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:18 AM

Hi

There are problems with innocent until proven guilty here in the UK.

We have an awful lot of Terrorists coming back who have committed horrendous atrocities and who have no regard for human life at all.

We cannot prosecute with any chance of success here, our system is not designed to deal with them.

Much of the evidence would be inadmissible due to chain of custody requirements.

We need to protect ourselves against these people.

Other EU Countries have different rules for them and it is to our benefit, wherever possible, to have them tried abroad.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's ridiculous.

The EU Court does not have a monopoly on 'human rights'.

We all care about human rights.

As for directives on workers' rights, it is quite obvious the EU has trashed the rights of workers in the UK by allowing free movement of labour, which is great for businesses to maximise profits but very bad for workers' rights , workers' job security and workers' training, upskilling and career development prospects.
I know it's scaremongering that's all. After brexit it's up to us all to vote for politicians that will protect us more, my jobs been changed very much for the worse by EU and I would imagine I'm not alone in that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Can you cite any examples of where that has happened in UK?
No, because in the UK we have Habeus Corpus. We have the fundamental principle of "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" and the right to a trial by a jury of our equals. Principles that were enshrined in the Magna Carta.

You appear to have missed the point.

All ofthe above would be abolished if the EU is allowed to bring in Corpus Juris. If that happens:

1) It is then a case of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent"

2) It allows the EU police state to seize and incarerate anyone for up to 6 months and then reviewed 3 months extensions

3) It allows them to seize people without any trial by jury

4) It establishes the concept of the EPP, the Europoean Public Prosecutor who would try the case WITHOUT ANY JURY and who would be accountable to noone.

In short Corpus Juris would be the detahnell of our longstanding freedoms and justice which has been the envy of the world for years.

If you disbelieve any of the above points then I will provide the source text from the uK parliament.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is a danger to our remaining in the EU which I had not been aware of.

Yet another reason why we should get out of the EU right now, and out completely without compromise.

Seems you'll believe anything except reality.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Which Corpus Juris are you referring to? Do you even know? or is it because it just sounds posh?
Yep, the Corpus Juris which the EU submitted to the UK parliament for review and consideration, doing so under the auspices of "protection of financial interests" but which they admit was "conceived as the embryo of a future European Criminal Code"

Cheers
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No, because in the UK we have Habeus Corpus. We have the fundamental principle of "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" and the right to a trial by a jury of our equals. Principles that were enshrined in the Magna Carta.

You appear to have missed the point.

All ofthe above would be abolished if the EU is allowed to bring in Corpus Juris. If that happens:

1) It is then a case of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent"

2) It allows the EU police state to seize and incarerate anyone for up to 6 months and then reviewed 3 months extensions

3) It allows them to seize people without any trial by jury

4) It establishes the concept of the EPP, the Europoean Public Prosecutor who would try the case WITHOUT ANY JURY and who would be accountable to noone.

In short Corpus Juris would be the detahnell of our longstanding freedoms and justice which has been the envy of the world for years.

If you disbelieve any of the above points then I will provide the source text from the uK parliament.

It seems that if someone disagrees with you, they are missing the point!!!

Don't juries come in AFTER a person has been seized?

Provide the evidence!!!! don't just talk about it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=itsme;1575990]Not one of your twisted and corrupt statements is backed up by evidence. And no surprise your warped comments are backed up by SG.[/QUOTE

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top