Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:23 AM

Lies, lies & yet more lies!!!

TM reported that following her speech to the CBI recently, they CBI were supportive of stance and backed her brexit deal.

Now it seems this is not exactly the position of the CBI, that some of their senior staff and in particular the member with responsibility for Brexit are not only not fulsomely praising TM, but are worried by the brexit deal.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/11/2...says-after-em/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: Lies, lies & yet more lies!!!

Looking at the interviews afterwards I didn't see many praising her stance at all.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:56 AM

yes i watched her Speech to the CBI and then an interview with the woman of CBI , think she was a director or some top spokes person .
And i found CBI was saying something different , left me feeling confused .
Who do we believe , not an easy question to answer .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Yes, I was surprised to hear on the news this morning that the CBI were deeply unhappy with Theresa May's agreement. Considering this organisation is the first to always be wheeled out to publicly back her plans. It must be really bad if even they are against it!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, I was surprised to hear on the news this morning that the CBI were deeply unhappy with Theresa May's agreement. Considering this organisation is the first to always be wheeled out to publicly back her plans. It must be really bad if even they are against it!

Is there anyone who does back it , we have seen resignation one after another, this gives me cause for concern .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
[/B]

Is there anyone who does back it , we have seen resignation one after another, this gives me cause for concern .
It's quite impressive she's managed to unite the country against it you have to give her that, we all needed uniting and she's done it
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
[/B]

Everybody backs it, one way or another, because its the best deal you can get. Because a hard brexit will destroy your economy.
This deal maintains the possibility for negotiations on future relationships, a hard brexit does not. This is all about minimizing the damage of a very wrong choice british people were led to make.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top