Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:11 AM

Oops - embarassing or what???

One of TM's own advisers admits that uk would be better off staying in EU under existing deal rather than withdraw under her negotiated deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-staying-in-eu
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:19 AM

Re: Oops - embarassing or what???

Indeed we were better off being a thorn in their side inside the EU where we had influence and could have gained more power if our politicians had bothered to make an effort. I have said all along we should be staying in and pushing for changes. We will still have to deal with them outside as they are our nearest and biggest market, but we won't have any say in how they do things.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:24 AM

It surely seemed pretty bloody obvious to even the most dim witted of us that there would be a price to pay initially for leaving, the EU was never going to make leaving the club seem attractive, but in the longer term UK will recover and become a powerful global trader once again I'm sure. All we need to succeed and prosper in the future is some positive thinking and optimism, rather than everyone running around like Frazer out of Dad's Army shouting "We're all doomed"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:30 AM

I always thought it was too hefty a price. I can't see us recovering without playing by their rules and paying in but with no influence. So it always seemed pointless.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It surely seemed pretty bloody obvious to even the most dim witted of us that there would be a price to pay initially for leaving, the EU was never going to make leaving the club seem attractive, but in the longer term UK will recover and become a powerful global trader once again I'm sure. All we need to succeed and prosper in the future is some positive thinking and optimism, rather than everyone running around like Frazer out of Dad's Army shouting "We're all doomed"
Exactly what a lot of us have been saying since before the referendum.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly what a lot of us have been saying since before the referendum.
Only without a deal you are doomed. With this deal you will be bound to the EU for an indefinite period, obliged to adopt every new directive without having a say in its completion, having to pay for every service (intelligence data, defence). In the EU you have all that, and are a major player in world's largest market. Best thing to do: revoke article 50.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 02:34 PM

Nothing to do with " making attractive". You give up a lot of benefits of being part of a large community. That's your choice, but don't accuse the community for your own delusions and fallacies.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Nothing to do with " making attractive". You give up a lot of benefits of being part of a large community. That's your choice, but don't accuse the community for your own delusions and fallacies.
I don't recall saying so...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-11-2018, 03:42 PM

I don't recall saying so...
Seem attractive?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Only without a deal you are doomed. With this deal you will be bound to the EU for an indefinite period, obliged to adopt every new directive without having a say in its completion, having to pay for every service (intelligence data, defence). In the EU you have all that, and are a major player in world's largest market. Best thing to do: revoke article 50.
Don't panic mr mainwaring it'll be ok, we always are ok always will be. We are a surviving enduring race who adapt to anything.

The deal as it stands I am hoping will be crushed and we will leave with no deal and wto rules. That would be best for us now. No deal being better than a bad deal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top