Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 04:25 PM

Re: Oops - embarassing or what???

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Seem attractive?
Yes but I certainly don't blame them, just protecting their own system as you would expect...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes but I certainly don't blame them, just protecting their own system as you would expect...
I misunderstood. Sorry.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Don't panic mr mainwaring it'll be ok, we always are ok always will be. We are a surviving enduring race who adapt to anything.

The deal as it stands I am hoping will be crushed and we will leave with no deal and wto rules. That would be best for us now. No deal being better than a bad deal.
Mr. Mainwaring always said something about Pike. Are you perhaps the female equivalent of private Pike?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Mr. Mainwaring always said something about Pike. Are you perhaps the female equivalent of private Pike?
I'm an individual unlike anyone else solasch, just like I want my country to be once again a real individual doing what we do best, whatever that turns out to be.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-11-2018, 06:29 PM

I'm an individual unlike anyone else solasch, just like I want my country to be once again a real individual doing what we do best, whatever that turns out to be.
I respect your wishes Julie, I just can't understand your notion why the whole EU should be out to get the UK. There is simply no evidence for that. Within the EU there is a lot of infighting, and up til now the UK did very well with that (no country has got as many opt outs as the UK).
Between countries trading with one another, as the EU is, everybody is looking out for number one. Should you ever be trading on wto rules, there is a snake pith where everybody is about doing in everybody else. The EU was formed to protect each other against those practices in world trade.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Most of us and not talking about just UK I think it's most of the EU countries don't feel very protected. We instead feel like we are overcome, over shadowed, ruled over by the EU. We want to be individuals like we used to be. A simple free trade deal is all we ever really wanted. We've felt tricked by EU and our own governments to get further and further into the EU.

Perhaps if it hadn't happened underhandedly we all might be more trusting but it's too late now we have lost that trust.

Some of the economies have done well some haven't but we lost something along the way. A trust and a freedom we felt as individual countries.

Nothing anyone will say can convince us we are better as nations even if we are better off financially within the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-11-2018, 12:41 AM

Most of us and not talking about just UK I think it's most of the EU countries don't feel very protected. We instead feel like we are overcome, over shadowed, ruled over by the EU. We want to be individuals like we used to be. A simple free trade deal is all we ever really wanted. We've felt tricked by EU and our own governments to get further and further into the EU.

Perhaps if it hadn't happened underhandedly we all might be more trusting but it's too late now we have lost that trust.

Some of the economies have done well some haven't but we lost something along the way. A trust and a freedom we felt as individual countries.

Nothing anyone will say can convince us we are better as nations even if we are better off financially within the EU.
Should be no problem, if it is a democratic choice, made by people all having been well informed. But that is what is remiss with the brext referendum. The increasing number of people supporting remain seems to indicate that information is only now seeping into the population.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Indeed we were better off being a thorn in their side inside the EU where we had influence and could have gained more power if our politicians had bothered to make an effort. I have said all along we should be staying in and pushing for changes. We will still have to deal with them outside as they are our nearest and biggest market, but we won't have any say in how they do things.
Give me an example of when we carried a decision in our favour within the EU. Just one !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-11-2018, 10:32 AM

Should be no problem, if it is a democratic choice, made by people all having been well informed. But that is what is remiss with the brext referendum. The increasing number of people supporting remain seems to indicate that information is only now seeping into the population.
It was a democratic decision and if people weren't well informed all the information was out there, only themselves to blame. Now we need to get on with getting out I am not convinced there is a big change of mind, I think people are fed up of it all and just want it done. I speak to quite a few remainers now want to leave. Doesn't mean all do.

If yourself and the others who have joined actually respected our decision you wouldn't be arguing every little point IMO
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Give me an example of when we carried a decision in our favour within the EU. Just one !

The British government has voted against EU laws 2% of the time since 1999

Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix.

In other words, UK ministers were on the “winning side” 95% of the time, abstained 3% of the time, and were on the losing side 2%.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts...-uk-influence/

Of course your blinkers won't allow you to take that in.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top