Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:49 AM

Wrong prescriptions

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...t=57579&page=4

I wrote about my problem above, but it gets worse !

Friday I went to pick up a large bag of repeat prescribed medication and I've only just opened it to fill my dossette box for the next two weeks.

The bag should have contained my blood pressure meds, anti histamines, cocodomol, epipens, and a couple of other things, opened it and I've got three big boxes of tramadol !

Who that was meant for I have no idea but not for me !

I have rung the GP surgery they pointed out my prescription was written correctly and I have to admit my repeat portion they put in the bag was correct so it's the pharmacist at fault.

I am going to visit rather than ring so I can hand this bag of controlled drugs back to them. I am not sure what will come out of my mouth though as I am a bit annoyed at this point hopefully by time I go in I will have calmed down a bit.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Re: Wrong prescriptions

Good grief.
Julie don't be frightened or reluctant to show your anger, you have every right to be!
Maybe you could suggest to the chemist that they insist people check their bags before they leave to go home!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Complain well and good Julie.
That is two serious mistakes in as many weeks now, and I would say it is fairly safe to assume you are not the only one this is happening to either.
Someone wants their butt kicking over this before it causes a death. You must find out who is responsible.

I mean it Julie, get this sorted NOW. Whether it be the GP's office or the Pharmacy at fault, either way don't be fobbed off, demand answers, or take it further.

I am not saying this is anything whatsoever to do with your case, but even pharmacists are not perfect. I just read in the paper about one who has been suspended because he had been on Cannabis for 3 days and was off his head at work! He had to be carted away by ambulance.

Sort it, you could be saving a life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:21 PM

There is someone telling lies I don't know if I can actually get to the bottom of it. I put in for a repeat at my GP surgery, they sent it by electronic means to the pharmacy. This is where it goes strange, the pharmacy received an electronic copy and a paper one the paper one said to give me 350 tramadol. The electronic said my other 5 items.

I have spoken to the pharmacy they said that and that they still have my electronic 5 items behind the counter to pick up. So why didn't they give it to me Friday ?

I spoke to the GP surgery they say they sent my 5 items by electronic means and flat out deny sending a paper copy.

I am supposed to believe one of them. But at this point who ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 02:38 PM

Can you not order your own meds online Julie? Does your surgery not have EMIS facilities so you can book apointments and re-order your own prescription on line?

This is what we have to do at our surgery now. I only have a couple of things, but re-order them myself about 5 days before I run out, then pop in collect them from the pharmacy after the 5 days is up.

At least that way you would know for sure what was ordered, so if it came out wrong, you would know it was the pharmacist making errors.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-11-2018, 02:49 PM

They did have emis and my husband still uses it but they swapped to a new provider was supposed to be better but I can't get logged in at all and because I chose to try the new version I'm locked out of the old one.

I took my paper repeat and put it in physically to the box in the surgery so I do know what I ordered. I also don't have tramadol on repeat list as I had it removed after I had the addiction problem I don't want to be tempted to start taking it again.

That I think was a big problem with this mistake I was tempted dreadfully, I thought I was over it but three boxes looked very tempting to me today. I am proud I resisted.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 07:07 PM

And I bet those boxes get consigned to the rubbish in the pharmacy! I believe once meds leave their premises they are deemed no good to anyone else so have to be destroyed if returned. No wonder we are in a mess.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-11-2018, 10:35 PM

Knowing that and because they are exactly the same as my husband takes I've given them to him, I wouldn't dream of giving prescription drugs normally but these are identical to his. It would be too much of a waste to take them back to be disposed of.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-11-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And I bet those boxes get consigned to the rubbish in the pharmacy! I believe once meds leave their premises they are deemed no good to anyone else so have to be destroyed if returned. No wonder we are in a mess.

This is true, and what my pharmacist told me too, Jazzi.

He said if I even walked across to my car, then turned round and went back to him, my brand new, unopened medicines would still have to go in their bin.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This is true, and what my pharmacist told me too, Jazzi.

He said if I even walked across to my car, then turned round and went back to him, my brand new, unopened medicines would still have to go in their bin.
How wasteful - how typical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top