Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:42 PM

Re: Shameless Media Conditioning

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hooray!!! - he's finally agreed with me!!! - and who was it who took us into the Common Market - none other than that scumbag 'nasty party' member Edward Heath!!!
UJ, stop being silly. EVERY PM since then has played their part to further the EU agenda, Tory and Labour. They have all helped draft and push through the EU Treaties which are all unlawful and go against the British Constitution. All these politicians work for the EU. Our political system is just a sham.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Manufacturing firms across multiple areas have been leaving the UK for years. Why would this be any different?
A Grauniad article I read claims that 600,000 manufacturing jobs have been lost in the past decade.

The fact is that since we joined the EU our manufacturing and industries have been decimated. Someone posted a John Redwood article recently which highlighted what the EU have done to our fishing industry and before that to our Steel industries and others.

There's nothing new here. It's simply "Project Fear" . . . now "Project Hysteria" sowing its seed of fear mongering.
Absolutely.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Ok I'll go with that

But what happens if and I know its a big IF the car manufacturers re locate and the people of the northeast lose their jobs and the EU wont let our goods on to the continent?

Good point Vanity, but our roads are full of German Cars....Must give us some leverage.....
And the big car manufacturers based here would not risk losing sales to one of the most populated countries in Europe.
The CEO of Toyota said his manufacturing base in Britian would remain whatever the outcome of brexit.

It's all scare tactics, and one of the worst scaremongers is Mark Carney, govenor of the Bank of England......Such a pessimist...Do your job Mark and stop whining!....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Hasn't it always been so?

Move on. Nothing to see here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
WE? Is that the Royal WE?
And how do we see this being done O Great Leader?

If it means taking to the barricades can we not do it on a Tuesday? That's Asda day, and not on any day when its raining, its bad for my arthritis.

We could picket as long as the placards are not to heavy or rude, we don't want to upset people.

We could have a vote? Hands up all those who want a vote?

On the other hand we could appoint someone important to tell us what is fake and what isn't ...but that might be fake too

That was my thought too Rehab.

Who is this 'WE'?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That’s good Twink, my consultant has put me on Vitamin D, due to my years of steroids I have some osteoporosis ...let’s hear it for VitD ..hoorah!
Vitamin D is essential to the calcium tabs working their magic.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Manufacturing firms across multiple areas have been leaving the UK for years. Why would this be any different?
A Grauniad article I read claims that 600,000 manufacturing jobs have been lost in the past decade.

The fact is that since we joined the EU our manufacturing and industries have been decimated. Someone posted a John Redwood article recently which highlighted what the EU have done to our fishing industry and before that to our Steel industries and others.

There's nothing new here. It's simply "Project Fear" . . . now "Project Hysteria" sowing its seed of fear mongering.
Yes we should be more hysterical about the City of London's future.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top