Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:40 AM

Re: Debloat Windows 10

It might have just been co-incidence but this morning my desktop appeared to boot up much quicker. I discovered an empty 'OneDrive backup folder' on my desktop too - I would expect it to be empty as I have never used OneDrive but perhaps the warning about losing the contents are over stated (don't know)

I think whether it speeds up my laptop will be the most interesting because that machine (Lenovo Thinkpad T420s) is very old, 32bit, runs a single core i5 chip and was struggling. It really needs replacing even running the script was as slow as a wet weekend. (It probably isn't that bad, it is just that the much newer 64bit i7 multicore desktop makes it look bad)

Anyway it appears to be mostly harmless and might have sped up the computer probably only time will tell.

BTW I am always pretty confident that scripts or software from Github are safe and reliable. Github is a software development and support site mostly, but not always, for open source software. Unfortunately recently M$ acquired it so it might not be as reliable/prominent in the future but there is always SourceForge (for many years my first port of call when looking for software)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top