Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 36,400
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-12-2018, 11:49 PM
11

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Measured my Amarylis today, it has grown 4" in two days ..... it's now 24" tall


They don't half get a move on just before flowering don't they.
Will try and get a photo of mine to show you tomorrow Mags.
I am so pleased with it. It is a gorgeous soft pastel pink.

I have a red one following on a bit later.

Do you know what colour yours will be?
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 38,706
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-12-2018, 12:19 AM
12

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

I've thrown away the box it was in Mups but I think it is white with red or pink edges, I can't remember the name
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 38,706
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-01-2019, 07:17 PM
13

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

My Amarylis has flowered at last after reaching a height of 30 inches!

Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 42,390
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2019, 01:42 PM
14

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Ours is flowering today too, same colour as yours mags.

It's had to be moved from where we normally grow them as it grew too big for the height of the window, just over 48 inches tall never seen such a big one I wonder if it's bad start caused it ??
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 38,706
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-01-2019, 12:19 AM
15

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours is flowering today too, same colour as yours mags.

It's had to be moved from where we normally grow them as it grew too big for the height of the window, just over 48 inches tall never seen such a big one I wonder if it's bad start caused it ??
Gosh! that's tall Julie I thought 2' 6" was tall but 4FT is amazing!
Reply With Quote
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Julie1962 is offline
Surrey
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 42,390
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-01-2019, 10:03 AM
16

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh! that's tall Julie I thought 2' 6" was tall but 4FT is amazing!
Too tall mags it fell over in the night, the weight of the top made it top heavy and over it went. I have popped it back in the pot and put the pot in a bigger pot with half a brick in the bottom to try and keep it standing up. Steven says there are some canes in the shed downstairs so I'm going to brave his collection of stuff and try and find them to make a scaffold for it. Not broken the stem but it looks a bit sorry for it's self listing to the side at the moment.
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 38,706
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-01-2019, 12:50 AM
17

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Too tall mags it fell over in the night, the weight of the top made it top heavy and over it went. I have popped it back in the pot and put the pot in a bigger pot with half a brick in the bottom to try and keep it standing up. Steven says there are some canes in the shed downstairs so I'm going to brave his collection of stuff and try and find them to make a scaffold for it. Not broken the stem but it looks a bit sorry for it's self listing to the side at the moment.
Mine is also wobbly, here it is top to bottom, the flowers are 7" diameter ....

Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 36,400
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-01-2019, 12:54 AM
18

Re: Forgotten Amaryllis

Beautiful flowers.

I took a couple of mine too, but haven't had a chance to get them off the camera yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.