Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Re: Amazon Echo Dot

Switching something off and back on again works on so many things, just ba glitch in the software.

I've found little use for my Sport except as a clock and a radio and these are probably its two best features so it's a keeper.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Both Alexa's are now working well thanks. My next move is to explore all their various functions........including music on spotify.....so I'm told by my son.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 09:53 PM

An article in today's papers says that other echo users are experiencing the same problem. Apparently it's down to the many new echo devices logging into Amazon's servers and swamping their network.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 10:44 PM

Do these devices recognise regional accents?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An article in today's papers says that other echo users are experiencing the same problem. Apparently it's down to the many new echo devices logging into Amazon's servers and swamping their network.
Thanks Judd. I guessed that was the issue. Both Alexa's are now working fine...........thanks again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Well they seem to manage with my Yorkshire accent. 😊 You can train them to recognise your voice using the Alexa app.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

25-12-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well they seem to manage with my Yorkshire accent. 😊 You can train them to recognise your voice using the Alexa app.
I hope I can ask your advice about Alexa in future.........could be a few weeks as I'm away on holiday soon but will want to explore more options with my Alexas when I get back!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Well I'm fae Buckie and it understands me. I'm posh Buckie though,I dinna think Doric wid dae.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 11:32 AM

I was wondering about the complaint from one user, that it didn’t switch off the oven and the turkey was burnt.

How many ovens do you know that connect to these devices?? Or was it simply that he wanted an alarm set? In that case, use your smartphone, or an old fashioned kitchen timer.

My bro has been given one of these devices by his missus, but until he comes back from a few days away, won’t know which one he has.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:04 PM

Amazon firestick comes with this technology, we had a laugh when we realised it had recorded everything my family said while I was at work so it's a great bit of tech for spying on people. We found you can turn that feature off so alls good now but just for a moment we wondered what sort of monster we had brought into the home. I am just guessing but I would imagine the actual alexa doesn't do that

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top