Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:28 PM

The Sinner (netflix)

If anyone has Netflix I very much recommend "The Sinner". It's a detective series set in the US. It's really gripping viewing like a page-turning thriller. All about individuals who murder without an obvious reason, but then slowly going back over what happened and why it led them to that point of no return. At the same time we learn about the past life of the detective who is plagued with his own demons.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 11:34 PM

Re: The Sinner (netflix)

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If anyone has Netflix I very much recommend "The Sinner". It's a detective series set in the US. It's really gripping viewing like a page-turning thriller. All about individuals who murder without an obvious reason, but then slowly going back over what happened and why it led them to that point of no return. At the same time we learn about the past life of the detective who is plagued with his own demons.
Just watched that this week Annie and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another one I can recommend is Manhunt: Unabomber.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Just wondering. Did you watch both series Annie?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:18 PM

The FIRST series has just been on BBC 4. I have it recorded but not watched it yet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
The FIRST series has just been on BBC 4. I have it recorded but not watched it yet.
Unfortunately, I watched it in the wrong order, watched series 2 first.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Unfortunately, I watched it in the wrong order, watched series 2 first.
There's no hope for some people
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
There's no hope for some people
I know.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 06:43 PM

I watched the Sinner too.... watchable if you are considering it.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 02:10 PM

Why can we not have a straight forward detective series or in fact any drama series without at least one person having personal issues which add nothing to the story and are included purely as padding.
I took out Netflix just before Christmas because I knew terrestrial TV would be rubbish but I will not be continuing with the subscription once the free month is over as I have not found one series that I have managed to get though a couple of episode without either getting bored of annoyed with the weak story-lines.
Nicol
South east of England

06-01-2019, 01:09 PM

I just watched series 1 and didn't really think it was that good, couple of big holes in the storyline, but I'll watch series 2 if it comes on to either Sky or Freeview.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top