Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:00 AM

from China

ordered a small item £1.18 for one of my cameras. Looking up where it is coming from is China. Surely it is going to cost more in postage than the item is worth.

The only thing I can think of is it is giving employment to someone and they would rather sell it than anyone else sell it.

Weird or what?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:01 AM

Re: from China

Lets hope you receive it.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:15 AM

If you ever use wish dot com you will find many items actually for free ... just pay postage so I imagine they purely make £££ on the postage or in reality over charge postage to play with figures to make a profit
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Free postage as well
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Free postage as well
There is a Chinaman boarding a plane as we speak and he will deliver it personally to your house this evening.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:50 PM

ordered a small item £1.18 for one of my cameras. Looking up where it is coming from is China. Surely it is going to cost more in postage than the item is worth.

Weird or what?
I am sure that postage from China is subsidised by their government because I buy a lot of small items from China in Ebay and they are usually post free or postage is something like 50c. I have bought things that cost less than a dollar and the postage is free.

I think that postage fees are kept by the originating country and the cost of end delivery is borne by the receiving country's post office. It is some international agreement - I suppose in the main it balances out though I doubt it does with China.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lets hope you receive it.
I have ordered literally hundreds of things from China all except one has arrived and on that item Paypal refunded my money (about $3)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Free postage as well
Maybe it is part of a very much larger shipment to UK so the cost per item shipped is minimal.
Just a thought.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Maybe it is part of a very much larger shipment to UK so the cost per item shipped is minimal.
Just a thought.
Good finkin' Batman
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Just a thought.
It is as free postage is always free on eBay for China.
I have seen those great containers arrive in Southampton.
The items can take longer at times, depends if you have ordered at the time they are filling up those containers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top