Join for free
Page 8 of 19 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Re: Jury Service

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm blindfolded at the moment and driving down the M5.
You mad fool.
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
My first ever. I am apprehensive.
Oh and worried.
I've done it twice in the last 30 years. I thought it was really interesting. The first time was at Snaresbrook in East London and I was on a jury for 3 months. The last time, about a year and a half ago, was at the Old Bailey in London. Only 2 weeks this time, but I thought the history of the place was fascinating. Don't worry, it's not as bad as you might think, and you won't be alone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by tony58 ->
I've done it twice in the last 30 years. I thought it was really interesting. The first time was at Snaresbrook in East London and I was on a jury for 3 months. The last time, about a year and a half ago, was at the Old Bailey in London. Only 2 weeks this time, but I thought the history of the place was fascinating. Don't worry, it's not as bad as you might think, and you won't be alone.

I have deferred as the date given, I will be out of the country.
The Old Baily wow, I would have loved that too.
I hope the case is not three months, that must have been a very important case.
Thanks for the post.
tony58
London, UK
tony58 is male  tony58 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:49 PM

I have deferred as the date given, I will be out of the country.
The Old Baily wow, I would have loved that too.
I hope the case is not three months, that must have been a very important case.
Thanks for the post.
My pleasure Sweetie Pie. I would gladly do it again. It was really interesting. I must admit, I did have a few arguments with the other jurors at the Old Bailey, I had some differences of opinion about the case we were on. But overall it was great. So much history attached to the place, especially court number one, some really well known cases tried in there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by tony58 ->
My pleasure Sweetie Pie. I would gladly do it again. It was really interesting. I must admit, I did have a few arguments with the other jurors at the Old Bailey, I had some differences of opinion about the case we were on. But overall it was great. So much history attached to the place, especially court number one, some really well known cases tried in there.
I wonder if I could visit there, when no case is being tried?
I will research this.
Thanks for the interesting post.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:09 AM

I will research this.
Sounds as if you are panicking about it a bit, well don't, it is not you that will be on trial. Anything that is unknown is scary but you will be with others, and the pre trial talk through on what will happen is not like being told off.
treat it as a new experience and something to put in your knowledge book part of the memory.
I and I suspect all that await sitting on a jury for the first time fell apprehensive and a little scared.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sounds as if you are panicking about it a bit, well don't, it is not you that will be on trial. Anything that is unknown is scary but you will be with others, and the pre trial talk through on what will happen is not like being told off.
treat it as a new experience and something to put in your knowledge book part of the memory.
I and I suspect all that await sitting on a jury for the first time fell apprehensive and a little scared.
That is so kind of you.
I appreciate that. X
tony58
London, UK

17-01-2019, 10:59 PM

I will research this.
Yes you can visit. You can also go into the public gallery during a trial. It really is a fascinating and historic place.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:14 PM

All my working life I have been looking forward to being selected for jury service, and hoping against hope that it would be the trial of a murderer or rapist.

Unfortunately, the offer never came.

If it comes now that I'm retired, they can sod off!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:17 PM

What about innocence before proven guilt?

Page 8 of 19 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top