Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Stockpiling

Are you one of the people stockpiling food? Are you going to? Do you think it's really necessary?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/britai...ling-1.4975197
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: Stockpiling

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Are you one of the people stockpiling food? Are you going to? Do you think it's really necessary?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/britai...ling-1.4975197

Have always stock-piled. I have enough food in my freezer, fridge and cupboards (without buying anymore) to last me at least two weeks and could, (at a pinch) last three.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:21 PM

Hi

No, not stockpiling at all, except for alcohol.

When we leave there will be no more unlimited alcohol runs to France and booze is so cheap there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:37 PM

To be very honest you wouldn't notice a difference if I was here, two freezers full at all times, two fridges and several cupboards dedicated to food in the kitchen. Built in wardrobe in the bedroom has shelving we put the cans, drinks and dry packets that won't fit in the kitchen.

Dogs have their own cupboard with two huge bags of Elsie's dry food and their treats and a smaller bag of tiny dog dry food for Betty and Missy.

I'd have to rent another property to actually stock pile anything
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Project Fear Mark 3!! On the upside, If it does happen, it will solve the obesity problem!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Laughing to myself about this shortage. I have a weakness for special offers such as Heinz Baked Beans x 4 tins. I have them stacked up in the cupboard as I love my Beans on wholemeal toast when on a diet). Plenty bread in the freezer, plenty Kerrygold in the fridge. Fresh chicken for my boys I buy locally from the farm, and the brown rice that goes with their meals - I have in abundance. I don't think I would have any problem getting hold of their once a week lamb's liver either as not many people like liver.

So there you are, We will live off Beans on Toast and my boys will eat like royalty still.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:53 PM

I agree about the liver I often stock up for the doggies they love it and it's often really cheap as no one else seems to.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 02:53 PM

Good for you SG lol. I also have plenty of food in but I may buy a pack of powdered milk, just incase. I'm a total whacko without my milky frothy coffee. Also may buy in some extra dog food, after all how do I explain to Dageus why he's got no dinner.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-01-2019, 03:04 PM

Me too Roxy! Hope no-one nicks all the supermarket boxes of Tassimo Latte's. I've bought 2 boxes of 8 this week from Iceland as they are a £1 off the normal price. Oh well, if we start to starve in the house, we can always try all the takeaways, maybe start at Mcdonalds, Burgerking, KFC, Domino's and all the other Pizza shops, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Chip Shops, (food banks!!!) I know, not funny. then we can start on the corner shops, the garage shops, and if all else fails, we will start on the layby caravan snackvans!! Don't worry, we will never starve in this country!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Managed to put a bit of a debt in my stock pile of Chateu Neuf du Pape at the weekend

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top