Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Re: Stockpiling

I think a little bid of relative hardship due to limited supplies would do us quite a lot of good. Planning meals ahead and maximising the use of raw materials would help in many ways.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Managed to put a bit of a debt in my stock pile of Chateu Neuf du Pape at the weekend
Excellent use of stockpiling Bread! I still have 3/4 case of Ernst & Gallo White Grenache Rose left from Christmas, so if I start to run out of food, I'll get legless to take the hunger pangs away.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Never been one for stockpiling anything. If we run out of something we can have something else. I certainly wouldn't miss a Typhoid salad from Spain.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I think a little bid of relative hardship due to limited supplies would do us quite a lot of good. Planning meals ahead and maximising the use of raw materials would help in many ways.
Couldn't agree more Dexterous. Wouldn't want children or pets to have to go without of course, but it certainly wouldn't do any of us any harm to tighten our belts with regard to food.
I still remember the hard times when tots when my siblings and I were given mugs of mixed hot milk and white bread with a teaspoon of sugar added as our lunchtime snack. No excuse for even that nowadays with fresh ingredients at our fingertips just crying out to be made into excellent meals.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Couldn't agree more Dexterous. Wouldn't want children or pets to have to go without of course, but it certainly wouldn't do any of us any harm to tighten our belts with regard to food.
I still remember the hard times when tots when my siblings and I were given mugs of mixed hot milk and white bread with a teaspoon of sugar added as our lunchtime snack. No excuse for even that nowadays with fresh ingredients at our fingertips just crying out to be made into excellent meals.
No doubt wearing our rose tinted spectacles, some of the happiest days of my life were when we had electricity cuts back in the 1970's and had to use our initiative rather than rely on radio/TV. Plus, simple and cheap meals are great fun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 03:37 PM

No doubt wearing our rose tinted spectacles, some of the happiest days of my life were when we had electricity cuts back in the 1970's and had to use our initiative rather than rely on radio/TV. Plus, simple and cheap meals are great fun.
That was great wasn't it?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

14-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That was great wasn't it?
Happy days Living in candlelight, having coal fires. Playing parlour games. So much fun

Ah, how the present and the future get in the way of reminiscing about the past
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Happy days Living in candlelight, having coal fires. Playing parlour games. So much fun

Ah, how the present and the future get in the way of reminiscing about the past
That's why we love it here.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Interesting how the term "stock piling" has become the norm.

At work we are referring to it as "increased warehousing".... because thats exactly what it is.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 04:17 PM

My stock piles of Prosecco and Pinot Grigio aren't looking too brilliant either. I might have to make another trip to Majestic Wines.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top