Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:18 AM

Re: Stockpiling

[QUOTE=Banchory;1617913]
Originally Posted by Bread ->

Yes, but having debunked your zero tariff and tartif quota nonsense as being catastrophic to our manufacturing industry I thought it prudent to point out where the real issues lie when trading with the whole world on WTO rules namely non tariff barriers

More silliness
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=Bread;1618178]
Originally Posted by Banchory ->

More silliness
Just carry on telling yourself that so you don’t have to deal with reality
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:57 AM

Hi

WTO Rules are based on Tariffs to protect industry, agriculture etc.

The E is no more protectionist than others.

Both the USA and China have large Import Tariffs and Tariff Quotas to protect their own manufacturing.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

WTO Rules are based on Tariffs to protect industry, agriculture etc.

The E is no more protectionist than others.

Both the USA and China have large Import Tariffs and Tariff Quotas to protect their own manufacturing.

They are able to make trade deals to benefit them, where the EU make them on our behalf to benefit France and Germany
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-01-2019, 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Banchory;1618192]

Just carry on telling yourself that so you don’t have to deal with reality

And you haven't debunked anything.... Britain cannot make it's own trade deals to benefit itself. The EU makes trade deals to benefit France and Germany and has crippled UK manufacturing by paying companies to leave the UK to move to other EU countries via EU grants.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=Bread;1618224]

And you haven't debunked anything.... Britain cannot make it's own trade deals to benefit itself. The EU makes trade deals to benefit France and Germany and has crippled UK manufacturing by paying companies to leave the UK to move to other EU countries via EU grants.
Yet more fantasy

You were advocating Trading under WTO rules with zero tariffs which would have crippled the UK domestic manufacturing industry. This is fact not fantasy and why nobody else does it

You now seem to think that the UK can secure better trade deals than the EU which has the strength of being the worlds largest trading bloc and Thad the most experienced trade negotiators

The UKs negotiations with the ER over post Brexit trade should tell you something but of course it doesn’t fit your fantasy world of life after Brexit

Yes the UK will secure trade deals and they will be better than WTO rules but they won’t be as good as we already have.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-01-2019, 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Banchory;1618231]

Yet more fantasy

You were advocating Trading under WTO rules with zero tariffs which would have crippled the UK domestic manufacturing industry. This is fact not fantasy and why nobody else does it

You now seem to think that the UK can secure better trade deals than the EU which has the strength of being the worlds largest trading bloc and Thad the most experienced trade negotiators

The UKs negotiations with the ER over post Brexit trade should tell you something but of course it doesn’t fit your fantasy world of life after Brexit

Yes the UK will secure trade deals and they will be better than WTO rules but they won’t be as good as we already have.
Yes I do think the UK can secure better trade deals than the EU - thats a major point of us leaving.

Lowering our tarrifs would mean cheaper goods - it would not mean the market would be flooded by cheap imports, thats absurd.

Your last point is also wrong. We cannot make trade deals while we are a member state of the EU - only as a third country. I can't remember how many times I've had to explain this.

Why does the EU trade under WTO rules if they are so bad ?
Banchory
Kent

17-01-2019, 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=Bread;1618343]

Yes I do think the UK can secure better trade deals than the EU - thats a major point of us leaving.

Lowering our tarrifs would mean cheaper goods - it would not mean the market would be flooded by cheap imports, thats absurd.

Your last point is also wrong. We cannot make trade deals while we are a member state of the EU - only as a third country. I can't remember how many times I've had to explain this.

Why does the EU trade under WTO rules if they are so bad ?
My last point was correct as it refers to when the UK has left the EU as well you know.

Your major point of leaving is unfortunately pure fantasy. As I previously said, we will enter into trade deals but we will be in a weaker bargaining position so the balance of probability is that we will not get as good a deal.

we have never negotiated any such deals in the past 40 years and have no experienced trade negotiators and you say this is the major point of us leaving. Yes we can make our own trade deals but what makes you think we will get better deals than we already have via the EU agreements or it it all based on Unicorn theory
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Toilet rolls!

We get the paper to make them from the EU.

Stock up people!!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-01-2019, 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Banchory;1618567]

My last point was correct as it refers to when the UK has left the EU as well you know.

Your major point of leaving is unfortunately pure fantasy. As I previously said, we will enter into trade deals but we will be in a weaker bargaining position so the balance of probability is that we will not get as good a deal.

we have never negotiated any such deals in the past 40 years and have no experienced trade negotiators and you say this is the major point of us leaving. Yes we can make our own trade deals but what makes you think we will get better deals than we already have via the EU agreements or it it all based on Unicorn theory

Utter nonsense do you really think the UK is too stupid to negotiate tree deals? We haven't negotiated trade deals in the last 40 years because we are in the EU ... the trade deals the EU have benefit german manufacturing and French farmers.

Negotiating our own will benefit us.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top