Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:49 PM

Things that please you

An antidote to things that annoy you.

We have good neighbours. We have made many friends here. Strolling the dog has contributed greatly to that. Mostly friendly and just the rare abusive. "get your effing dog under control" because he is not on a lead.

Then there is the neighbour who says he is not a dog person by his own admission but says Max is the most under control dog he has ever met.

I was going out the other morning when the JWs were going past our front gate. Max went out and greeted them - he knows how to open the latch with a gentle tap at the right point. Their looks said it all.Amazed.

It's good. But at a different level, we have paid a couple of visits to a disabled lady. She invites us in. Max trots around and sits down beside her. Gives her that soppy look. The joy she gets just melts me.

My regret is that, had we known, we could have have being doing that at least a couple of years ago.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:08 PM

Re: Things that please you

Don't look back, look forward to more wonderful times with your best friend, your dog.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:15 PM

When Mrs Fox goes out and the house descends into silence.....Bloody Heaven.....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:31 PM

My husband, morning yoga, walking the dogs, playing my saxophone, singing, carving wood, long baths, getting along with family, going out with good friends, a friendly smile from a complete stranger, an afternoon nap, a scrumptious piece of homemade cake ....

My list of things that please me far exceeds things that annoy me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:34 PM

When my cats jump up for a cuddle and watching Andre Rieu.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:55 PM

The gentle purr of a happy cat goes a long way to soothe troubles.

Mind you - so does a glass of Jameson's - but don't tell the cats - they like to do their bit for their elderly confused staff!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:57 PM

Oh I love this thread.
It made me feel happy just reading.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The gentle purr of a happy cat goes a long way to soothe troubles.

Mind you - so does a glass of Jameson's - but don't tell the cats - they like to do their bit for their elderly confused staff!
It's true. It's as though they can sense when you are unhappy
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:01 AM

Every time I see a pic of Max it pleases me.
Hint hint.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Every time I see a pic of Max it pleases me.
Hint hint.
Ah, I don't want to swamp the forum with him but he really is a very good dog. Surprises me at times. No, he is not perfect.
We walked today, quite a bit. It evidently wasn't enough for him. He sat down on the green in front of our house when I went inside..
"Daddy, I'm not done!. I want to to walk some more"

He won.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top