Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:02 PM

Re: Charles /Camilla divorce?

Originally Posted by May ->
Who knows UJ...They may just try to kick Him up here to become King of Scotland when We get Our Independence
I thought "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular" was King of Scotland?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:09 PM

I am very caring, and wouldn't want my worst enemy beside me on the Throne.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It wasn’t long ago that there was a rumour going around that Prince Philip was dead.
At the rate he’s going, l imagine, he’s immortal!

Tongue in cheek......I was thinking if the Queen and Prince Philip had ever divorced. Would Buckingham Palace have had to be sold off and they shared the money?
They own a lot of property but Buck House isn't one of them. (at least I don't think so - I am sure I read somewhere many years ago that it belonged to the state)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It wasn’t long ago that there was a rumour going around that Prince Philip was dead.
At the rate he’s going, l imagine, he’s immortal!
No he isn't. He's just had an easy life being waited upon that's all. Never worked for a living.
They just charge him up every night to keep him going and to keep his butler in a job.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No he isn't. He's just had an easy life being waited upon that's all. Never worked for a living.
They just charge him up every night to keep him going and to keep his butler in a job.
I think it's more they get really good health care, slightest sniffle the doctor is there holding their hands. Rest of us die waiting for GP appointments.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think it's more they get really good health care, slightest sniffle the doctor is there holding their hands. Rest of us die waiting for GP appointments.

I have often thought the same, Julie.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:00 PM

It's a wee while since We've seen Phil out and about..so..how do We know He's not snuffed it...They could be keeping the bad/good news from the public until after the latest wee Windsor is born...just saying
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very true Julie. We live in the real world. Where the royal family reside is in a make-believe utopia covered in a marshmallow and cotton wool environment.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:28 PM

I was just thinking, using my freshly charged up forum brain, that you never hear of the Royal Family getting cancer?
Mmmn......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They own a lot of property but Buck House isn't one of them. (at least I don't think so - I am sure I read somewhere many years ago that it belonged to the state)
''Occupied Royal Palaces, such as Buckingham Palace, are not the private property of The Queen. They are occupied by the Sovereign and held in trust by Crown Estates for future generations. The Queen privately owns two properties, Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House, which are not publicly funded''

Of course we are required to pay for any repairs to the palace and it costs £24 (adult) to get in.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top