Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:59 PM

The Old brewery

Vandalism, that's what I call it. The old Gales Brewery in Horndean village (where I lived most of my life) was sold to a property developer who has converted it and built a load of yuppie flats for loads of cash.

Gales Ales (consistently voted one of the best British real ales) was sold to Fullers of London in 2005. Picture 9 shows the old brewery and my 'local', the 'Ship and Bell'.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes...?premiumA=true

The end of a glorious era.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:12 PM

Re: The Old brewery

It's like a lot of the country pubs that are being turned into houses soon all we will be left with is Whetherspoons.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 09:03 PM

It's happening all over the country, pubs torn down and houses built on the sites.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2013, 02:00 PM

I know of an old church that was gutted and the interior turned into several condos. The exterior looks the same though - even the stained glass was kept.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I know of an old church that was gutted and the interior turned into several condos. The exterior looks the same though - even the stained glass was kept.

Its happened here too Sue darlin' - two redundant churches converted into accomodation although the facade remains the same, and a short distance down the hill from me they are converting a redundant pub into student accomodation for the university.
suman
New Member!
USA
suman is female 

28-08-2013, 07:43 AM

I had a gas stove like a wood burning stove but burning gas and it was very warm.I prefer a fire to central heating, it warms the rooms that the chimney goes thru, we have CH here with propane Gas that is a terrible price.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top